Racists the same as rapists?

Hi everyone

Following on from a topic discussed a few days ago, it got me thinking.

Are racists the same as rapists?

Rapists believe that they're better than women, that they have power and control over them.

Racists believe that they're better than other races, that they have power and control over them.

The same mentality? What do you think?

Love

As Always

Sol

:)

Hi everyone

Rapists believe that they're better than women, that they have power and control over them.

Racists believe that they're better than other races, that they have power and control over them.

Love

As Always

Sol

I've read it all now, you just couldn't make it up..:roll:

Hi everyone

Love

As Always

Sol

You are aware that not all the victims of rape are woman aren't you? Blows your first point out of the water.

Your second point is also misguided. I know one or two racists, neither of them (those I can think of now) genuinely think they have control over black people.

I would say that racists and the religious are a far better fit.

Both believe in ideologies that are routed (and belong) in the past.

Neither can back up their ideologies with any form of logical or sensible arguments.

Both the racist and the religious are highly likely to have had their world view polluted by role models during their formative years.

Both the racist and the religious ignore any evidence that contradicts their myopic world view.

Racism is supported in the sacred texts of many world religions.

One of the most famous racists groups on history, the Nazi's, were helped to escape prosecution by, not a large group of rapists, but a large group of religious people.

Hi everyone

Are racists the same as rapists?:gag:

Rapists believe that they're better than women, that they have power and control over them.:suspect:

Racists believe that they're better than other races, that they have power and control over them.:suspect:

The same mentality? What do you think?:suspect:

Love

As Always

Sol

I think its a load of cobblers, and im thinking you may have taken one or two extra vallium before you came up with this. What could possibly make you think rapists and racists think the same? How on earth could one be similar to the other?:suspect::suspect::suspect:

Maybe this link will help you;

http://www.samaritans.org/

---------- Post added 17-01-2015 at 16:19 ----------

I wouldn't say 'same as', but there are parallels between the two groups.

You would say that because you are not firing on all four cylinders.

Your conclusion from the original statements is ( as 'Mr Spock' would say ) illogical, and just as bad as the following ( and may explain why there is so much trouble in the world )

Statement 1): Cats are mammals.

Statement 2): Dogs are mammals.

Conclusion ): dogs are cats.