Racists the same as rapists?

Hi everyone

Following on from a topic discussed a few days ago, it got me thinking.

Are racists the same as rapists?

Rapists believe that they're better than women, that they have power and control over them.

Racists believe that they're better than other races, that they have power and control over them.

The same mentality? What do you think?

Love

As Always

Sol

:)

My bold, perhaps you shouldn't?

Hi everyone

Rapists believe that they're better than women, that they have power and control over them.

Racists believe that they're better than other races, that they have power and control over them.

Love

As Always

Sol

Hypothetically we have two young women. One is being violently raped and the other is being verbally abused. Is that the same?

---------- Post added 18-01-2015 at 02:05 ----------

Hi everyone

Love

As Always

Sol

Lets say you have two sisters, One is standing having to listen to verbal abuse, The other is being raped. Same thing?

IMO there are parallels that can be drawn between them, but only in the sense that there are parallels that can be drawn in attitude between those who commit all 'hate' or 'power' crimes.

As others have said, it really depends on what you mean by the terms you use. Someone who just holds a casually racist view is not at all the same as someone who is extreme and disturbed enough to want to harm or eradicate those that they feel are inferior, and whilst some rapists are undoubtedly committing their crimes as a hate crime, others are quite simply not caring about their victim's wishes, and that's really not the same thing at all.

Hi everyone

Love

As Always

Sol

Racism is subjective where as rape is not