Is it acceptable to give time left on parking to someone else?

If I thought the profits from council or hospital car-parks would benefit the hospitals or local schools, I may feel differently. But they don't. They simply make private companies (contracted to run the car parks) richer. They tender to run the car park, they give the hospital a fixed fee and keep the rest.

so is this another area where private companies running council services has failed the taxpayer? if this is the case when will the council and other taxpayer funded services get rid of these companies and take them back in house ?

hen I was in the UK, I always passed my ticket on. My way of being nice.

Where I live over here, all parking is free. multi story, town center, hospital... everywhere. It makes a huge difference to local businesses as you can never get a parking space as its always so busy! :hihi:

hen I was in the UK, I always passed my ticket on. My way of being nice.

Where I live over here, all parking is free. multi story, town center, hospital... everywhere. It makes a huge difference to local businesses as you can never get a parking space as its always so busy! :hihi:

Well our council isn't having any of that progressive forward thinking business friendly nonsense thank you very much.

There's a few bob to be made out of their cash cow err fellow Sheffielders and that's what's going to continue to happen.

The other thing that impressed me about parking in Oz is the car parks where they have red and green lights on poles at each parking space so you don't have to drive up and down searching.

That's not going to happen in Sheffield either. :(