Is it acceptable to give time left on parking to someone else?

If I want to pass on a parking ticket or a bus/tram ticket that I have paid for then I will...

What contract? where's the T&C's? are they easily accessible and in plain sight for everyone to read so that we are all aware?

Even so, am I facing a prison sentence for passing on a ticket worth a couple quid?

If it says "not transferable" on the ticket, then I reckon it will form part of the contract.

How would you feel if a bus company accepted your money and then turfed you off halfway through your journey because they wanted to unilaterally tear up the contract you have with them? Yet you are happy to ignore the contract when it suits you.

If it says "not transferable" on the ticket, then I reckon it will form part of the contract.

How would you feel if a bus company accepted your money and then turfed you off halfway through your journey because they wanted to unilaterally tear up the contract you have with them? Yet you are happy to ignore the contract when it suits you.

Think you are taking this a bit too far! It's just a blooming bus ticket! It's not traceable to the rightful owner is it!

And you haven't answered my question about the t&c's! where are these displayed? its been a while since I've taken the bus or tram but im pretty sure the last time I got on one I didn't see a notice about my supposed contract, and I'm almost certain I didn't get a run down of the t&c's off of the bus driver or conductor on the tram...

Think you are taking this a bit too far! It's just a blooming bus ticket! It's not traceable to the rightful owner is it!

And you haven't answered my question about the t&c's! where are these displayed? its been a while since I've taken the bus or tram but im pretty sure the last time I got on one I didn't see a notice about my supposed contract, and I'm almost certain I didn't get a run down of the t&c's off of the bus driver or conductor on the tram...

So you're basing your contravention of the contract on the fact that you wont be caught. Very public spirited of you.

I haven't been on a bus for a while, but many (if not all) tickets certainly used to say that they were not transferable. Do you really think that this wouldn't be part of the contract? Similarly parking tickets usually say not transferable. These are the terms and conditions.

Scenario:

Customer buys ticket in town center, destination Fulwood. Decides to get off at Broomhill to do a little shopping he forgot to do in town. As he gets off he passes his ticket to someone boarding with the words "here you go, the journey has been paid for, ignore drivers demand for payment".

Scenario:

Customer buys ticket in town center, destination Fulwood. Decides to get off at Broomhill to do a little shopping he forgot to do in town. As he gets off he passes his ticket to someone boarding with the words "here you go, the journey has been paid for, ignore drivers demand for payment".

If the ticket is valid, the ticket is valid. Nothing to stop anybody using that valid journey.

Scenario: someone buys a 7 day bus pass. Uses 4 days. Gives it to someone else who uses 3 days.

If the ticket is valid, the ticket is valid. Nothing to stop anybody using that valid journey.

Scenario: someone buys a 7 day bus pass. Uses 4 days. Gives it to someone else who uses 3 days.

Even if both tickets are non transferable?

That would work because nobody is in a position to query the validity of the ticket. It doesn't mean it is a valid use of the ticket.

Absolutely. Spot on. If the ticket is not traceable to the 'owner' then really having and enforcing a policy of not transferable is impossible.

So you're basing your contravention of the contract on the fact that you wont be caught. Very public spirited of you.

I haven't been on a bus for a while, but many (if not all) tickets certainly used to say that they were not transferable. Do you really think that this wouldn't be part of the contract? Similarly parking tickets usually say not transferable. These are the terms and conditions.

This has made me laugh...

I AM public spirited as I like to give my tickets to other members of the public so to save them pennies.

I'm hardly going to lose sleep at the thought that transport companies are losing out on ticket sales..

Absolutely. Spot on. If the ticket is not traceable to the 'owner' then really having and enforcing a policy of not transferable is impossible.

If you could get away with using other services without paying for them, would you?

What about a few sweets from the newsagent's counter while he's not looking?

Where would YOU stop?