Anybody just seen what I've just seen

Just watched ITV news where a lady reporter was reporting from St Pancras. There was a bit of a bang and over her right shoulder a pedestrian was knocked over by a motor bike. She didn't notice, the camera man didn't and the newsreader didn't either. They just continued with the story. Glad I wasn't the pedestrian or the bike rider

Edited by drolnhoj
typo.

It was. Nothing like missing a story while it's happening.

Ha, yes. the two lads with the red hats on were looking at the camera, then turned and dashed over to the scene. It just shows that they were more interested in the people involved, rather than being on telly!! Godd on them!

Funnily enough I was watching the news & I didn't spot it. You're very observant! Just watched the Youtube clip & it looked quite serious

To be honest I didn't realise at first what had happened. I re wound it because I had heard the bang, and then realised what had happened.

Update - reporter has just tweeted that pedestrian and biker are both OK.

Edited by drolnhoj

I saw it too, as it happened. I can't make my mind up whether it was a case of consummate professionalism on the part of the reporter, or a case of being totally oblivious to what was going on around her. I was surprised the news anchor made no comment about it either.

The showed it this morning on GMB. The fella that was hit by the biker, immediately sprung to his feet. They reported that the rider was fine too. But it did look nasty as it happened. I couldn't believe my eyes.

I think the reporters are trained to ignore whats going on around them and deliver their piece to camera.

because out in public you're bound to get tons of people who think it's funny to try and distract/annoy the reporter and spoil their work.