Invoice no-show kids??

it amazes me these days, how birthday parties are held! When my childre were small the numbers were six children and my two. This altered as they got older, they would take a couple of friends out for a meal. These days it seems expected to invite the whole class, go to a play area, tea provided, sometimes a sleep over for some of the guests! I remember,years ago, a freinds daughter had a whole class party at the Hallam Towers, ( the children went to private school) i have never seen such dreadful manners in my life, food thrown about, not paying attention when the 'balloon man' was doing his stuff, running riot, screaming.........................oh for the 'olden days!!!'

Just as a matter of interest. If you booked a trip with 3 of your mates for say a weekend in Scarborough. The taxi arrived to take you to the hotel, but one of your party decided to go to the footy and did a no show. So the rest of you had to stump up for his share of the taxi, the hotel etc. Would you extect the no show to pay you back or would you take it on the chin?

The money isn't the issue everyone with kids has had this issue.

We do our best to have a great party for our kids which usually costs a fortune, all the kids say there comming so you pay what's due then there is always 1 that dosent turn up after they have said there comming thus wasting your cash.

You don't mind spending on the kids who turn up but it when they can't even be bothered to call and let you know is when it really p..... You off.

When I had too many at charlie chalks, the party was 20 invited and we ended up with 52! I had to pay £8.95 per child for the meals and play.

Plus we had to marshal the kids in the soft play as the limit was 40 at any time.

It's a dear do trying to be fair and nice.

Maybe it will make others think twice before letting people down.

I bet next year the kids will need a legal team to check their invites :D

i have never seen such dreadful manners in my life, food thrown about, not paying attention when the 'balloon man' was doing his stuff, running riot, screaming.........................oh for the 'olden days!!!'

I'm fairly sure kids running riot, not paying attention and screaming the entire time has been normal fair for a party for many years.

The combination of excitement and tons of sugar is one of the main culprits.

---------- Post added 19-01-2015 at 17:29 ----------

Just as a matter of interest. If you booked a trip with 3 of your mates for say a weekend in Scarborough. The taxi arrived to take you to the hotel, but one of your party decided to go to the footy and did a no show. So the rest of you had to stump up for his share of the taxi, the hotel etc. Would you extect the no show to pay you back or would you take it on the chin?

I'd expect the hotel booked and paid for in advance, even when it's 'mates' it's much easier to do it beforehand to avoid issues.

When I had too many at charlie chalks, the party was 20 invited and we ended up with 52! I had to pay £8.95 per child for the meals and play.

Plus we had to marshal the kids in the soft play as the limit was 40 at any time.

It's a dear do trying to be fair and nice.

Maybe it will make others think twice before letting people down.

I bet next year the kids will need a legal team to check their invites :D

But apparently the family of the kid who accepted the invitation and then went elsewhere were too poor to own a mobile phone, an ordinary phone or a computer that could send email. Either that or they were too ignorant to use any of them to say that little Johnnie was double booked.