Invoice no-show kids??

What is more interesting than this sad woman's need to claim the £15.95 back (on the grounds she was 'out of pocket' by the child's non-attendance, which is untrue), is how on earth it has hit the national news headlines.

What else is going on today that 'they' don't want us to know about?

What is more interesting than this sad woman's need to claim the £15.95 back (on the grounds she was 'out of pocket' by the child's non-attendance, which is untrue), is how on earth it has hit the national news headlines.

It's news as it's shocking just how far some people will go to avoid a face to face talk about their grievances.

How hard is it to say:

"Hey, where were you?? We'd paid for your kid and you didn't turn up or call??"

"I'm not happy with your behaviour"

Really, thats all it takes.

It's news as it's shocking just how far some people will go to avoid a face to face talk about their grievances.

How hard is it to say:

"Hey, where were you?? We'd paid for your kid and you didn't turn up or call??"

"I'm not happy with your behaviour"

Really, thats all it takes.

I agree.

However, as it happened just before Christmas, I can imagine that the parent giving the party has had a couple of weeks to stew about the slight and rudeness by the parents of the child who did not attend, and has become more and more frustrated and angry as time has gone on. As far as the party-giving parent is concerned, there has been no contact at all from the other parents who originally said their child would attend. Even if they had lost the original contact details, they could probably have found out through other parents, or via the school as soon as the new term started. It looks to me like they couldn't even be bothered to do that. So, from the other parents point of view the rudeness is made worse.

Having said that, I don't think that sending an invoice was a good idea. it just makes matters worse.

It's sad for both kids that both sets of parents have acted in a way that led to this.

Another point. I think that the father seemed to be blaming his son. They gave the son the choice as where he wanted to go. I doubt that the 5 year old son would understand any obligations to go to where he had (through his father), accepted an invitation. But of course, judging by his behavior, I doubt that the father has much understanding of that either. On that basis, there's even less likelihood of the son understanding.

Just as a matter of interest. If you booked a trip with 3 of your mates for say a weekend in Scarborough. The taxi arrived to take you to the hotel, but one of your party decided to go to the footy and did a no show. So the rest of you had to stump up for his share of the taxi, the hotel etc. Would you extect the no show to pay you back or would you take it on the chin?

I'd draw up a contract to cover these eventualities. :)

I agree.

However, as it happened just before Christmas, I can imagine that the parent giving the party has had a couple of weeks to stew about the slight and rudeness by the parents of the child who did not attend, and has become more and more frustrated and angry as time has gone on. As far as the party-giving parent is concerned, there has been no contact at all from the other parents who originally said their child would attend. Even if they had lost the original contact details, they could probably have found out through other parents, or via the school as soon as the new term started. It looks to me like they couldn't even be bothered to do that. So, from the other parents point of view the rudeness is made worse.

Having said that, I don't think that sending an invoice was a good idea. it just makes matters worse.

It's sad for both kids that both sets of parents have acted in a way that led to this.

Another point. I think that the father seemed to be blaming his son. They gave the son the choice as where he wanted to go. I doubt that the 5 year old son would understand any obligations to go to where he had (through his father), accepted an invitation. But of course, judging by his behavior, I doubt that the father has much understanding of that either. On that basis, there's even less likelihood of the son understanding.

Last year we threw a party after we got married (we got married in secret and threw the party some weeks afterward). Plenty of people (15-20) said they were going to turn up and didn't. We didn't invoice any of them despite the fact we paid for food and various other things on the night. Sometimes you just have to accept that things don't go your way. The invoicee might have been bad mannered but the invoicer is to blame for overreacting and this has got way way out of hand