Will we ever know the meaning of life?

Of course.

It is 42.

End of thread.

you may well jest but 42 could be a valid answer, that is because, in theory, a 42 year old has had the opportunity to develop fully their psyche and if so should be ready for their mission in life.

It could be 42 because traditionally 7 years of age is the age of reason, 14 emotional responsibility, 21 mental responsibility and up through the transpersonal levels.

Of course having failed to develop the transpersonal levels we say: what is it all about.:huh:

The real answer is that the real you is deep within and must be sought there or found there :o

What if everything in the entire universe was known? I mean everything. The limits of the universe, all the galaxies, how everything began ... everything was known with irrefutable proof, beyond any shadow of a doubt.

Would we as a species still bother learning? Would there be any point to life then? Would we still evolve? Maybe the learning of everything would be the trigger to start devolving?

So with the reality of there being so much unknown ... is this the meaning of life? The continual push to search for answers?

Basically all life forms perform the function of reproduction, we are the only animal that thinks cognitively towards and beyond reproduction.

I don't think everything will ever be known..ever.

There's a reason why we are here isn't there, whether for good or bad reasons or even if we are a mistake, it was still meant that we be here.

Yes, it's called thermodynamics.

jb

ETA: I see you have since answered your own question.

Edited by barleycorn

Yes I have two doggies
I'll bet you love them, i'll bet they are valued family members, i'll bet you treat them really well and they reciprocate those feelings as best they can in their doggy way and you are head of their pack.

But I bet they don't concern themselves with worrying about whether you or they exist or live, all they are bothered about is if there is food in the bowl and that the pack is safe and well and that the family unit carries on.

Thats not to belittle your dogs or you.

But, be honest, do your dogs have a life or do they exist?

This is from another thread that got a bit derailed by the topic. Thought I'd start a fresh one.

Whether you're religious or and atheist (like me), it's impossible to say for sure that theirs no such thing as a god or divine creator.

What do you mean by "the meaning of life" ?

I'll bet you love them, i'll bet they are valued family members, i'll bet you treat them really well and they reciprocate those feelings as best they can in their doggy way and you are head of their pack.

But I bet they don't concern themselves with worrying about whether you or they exist or live, all they are bothered about is if there is food in the bowl and that the pack is safe and well and that the family unit carries on.

Thats not to belittle your dogs or you.

But, be honest, do your dogs have a life or do they exist?

Awww I'd like to think they live a very fulfilling life but I know what you mean..

As for 'us' see post 13 :D

Basically all life forms perform the function of reproduction, we are the only animal that thinks cognitively towards and beyond reproduction.

I don't think everything will ever be known..ever.

There are plenty of other species that think cognitively towards and beyond reproduction.