Will we ever know the meaning of life?

Dolphin..........

Then go on a Dolphin site and discuss the meaning of life with one you troll.

---------- Post added 20-01-2015 at 14:01 ----------

why not?.................

Because I think knowledge has no boundaries other than through death.

Killer Whales have been shown to have cognative capabilities, to the point of passing on specific hunting techinques to younger generations.

Yes I know that, I watch David Attenborough too..Smithy also pointed that out. We could put a hold on human cognitive awareness and allow Dolphins and Whales to catch up in order for us to have a discussion with said mammals in order for them to have an input into the thread about the meaning of life.

Yes I know that, I watch David Attenborough too..Smithy also pointed that out. We could put a hold on human cognitive awareness and allow Dolphins and Whales to catch up in order for us to have a discussion with said mammals in order for them to have an input into the thread about the meaning of life.

It was in direct response to below, nobody has suggested anything else.

Basically all life forms perform the function of reproduction, we are the only animal that thinks cognitively towards and beyond reproduction.

I don't think everything will ever be known..ever.

Which is wrong, humans are not the only species to have cognative capabilities.

Maybe the meaning of life is not to know the full meaning of life. If we continue the never ending quest of searching for the meaning of life... maybe we'll evolve more in due time. And I'm talking a very very very long time. Maybe we'll become more advance and better people because of it.

What would happen if we did find the meaning of life? Would we then have any purpose?

Saying that; individually we all have our own idiosyncratic thoughts of the meaning of life.

In my humble opinion.

---------- Post added 20-01-2015 at 14:59 ----------

The meaning of life applies to all species. Levels of intelligence is another matter.

I agree with this. We're all as one and we'd function better because of it.

The human race has to many parts... for example, there are differences of beliefs around the world... hence the conflicts.

None human animals are different in that respect. Most just need to cover basic needs, food, water and to breed. The problem is a Lion needs to hunt and kill another animal to live. Is the meaning of life for an antelope to serve food for a Lion... I don't think the antelope would say yes! :o

Another thought is none human animals such as a cat... a cat I think as some conscious, hence the need to be stroked and loved... to some respect.

Edited by JonBladesman