Junk mail on blue bin day

I seem to be getting a ton of junk mail every two weeks - on the same day the recycling bins are emptied just after collection. Then nothing until the next collection. It's a bit annoying having just got rid of a load of paper rubbish only to be get some more land on the mat. Is this just my area this happens in because if this is done deliberately I think that's really bad.

No, but the advertisers who send out the junk mail might well time thier junk to arrive just after the blue bins have been collected to maximise the amount of time you potentially see their image/offer...

Interesting though, can't say I've noticed but I don't seem to get that much in my new place. Long may it continue :)

Well I have posted on here about a situation that involves all our mail including junk, Which is that we seem to go for about 3 days at a time without any post at all and then get at least 2 or 3 letters,or whatever,delivered by Royal Mail in one delivery. No one could say why.

No, but the advertisers who send out the junk mail might well time thier junk to arrive just after the blue bins have been collected to maximise the amount of time you potentially see their image/offer...

Interesting though, can't say I've noticed but I don't seem to get that much in my new place. Long may it continue :)

How would they do that? Anyway mine goes straight into blue box and stays there until collection day so that doesn't hold water

Shush - they might hear you. ;)

I'm guessing the last occupant was signed up to the Mailing Preference Service - it does get rid of the personalised stuff. You'd be advised to sign up to it before they notice you're there and the deluge starts.

Thats an awful lot of work to put in (synchronising your delivery times with peoples bin collection dates) especially as different parts of Sheffield get their bins done on different days.

Also I'm fairly sure most people sling it straight in the blue bin anyway, so it seems like a whole lot of effort for nothing.

I seem to be getting a ton of junk mail every two weeks - on the same day the recycling bins are emptied just after collection. Then nothing until the next collection. It's a bit annoying having just got rid of a load of paper rubbish only to be get some more land on the mat. Is this just my area this happens in because if this is done deliberately I think that's really bad.

"if this is done deliberately" - just how paranoid can you be?