The Trident debate.

You could argue it makes more sense to keep a nuclear deterent than it does spending money on the eurofighter/typhoon. They cost £23bn as far as I can work out. The RAF hasn't shot anything down since 1948. Surely the new F35 could do all roles.

But without them how would we bomb Muslim counties and steal their oil?

You could argue it makes more sense to keep a nuclear deterent than it does spending money on the eurofighter/typhoon. They cost £23bn as far as I can work out. The RAF hasn't shot anything down since 1948. Surely the new F35 could do all roles.

When haven't got any F35s to shoot anything down, but we have lots of Typhoons defending our airspace.

Whose been stealing Muslim oil? All the wealth coming in has been pocketed by the Sheikhs.

There are people living in garbage and flies in back alleys while the sheikhs shop in Bond street and party in Paris.

Anyway for the time being oil is cheap and getting cheaper. Maybe the leaders in Muslim countries should have diversified their industry long ago

The west has no need of nukes to deal with the muslim countries. Our armies are just so much better in every respect nukes would only ever come into it when we are banging on their front door and it wouldnt be the west firing them.

When haven't got any F35s to shoot anything down, but we have lots of Typhoons defending our airspace.

We dont have that many you know. Also not all are operational at any one time. When push comes to shove our nation is only lightly defended militarily. That should give people a real clue about these new laws the gov want to force through. Trident will be renewed make no mistake. Word on the street is lots of these government ministers have interests in the companies that make and maintain war and destruction.

Defending us against what? Tornados could do that - you could get the red arrows to chase of a few ruskies who are testing the waters. When, and I take your point we haven't got them yet, we could have aircraft in the F35 that could, broadly speaking be used by both the navy and Air Force.

Defending us against what? Tornados could do that - you could get the red arrows to chase of a few ruskies who are testing the waters. When, and I take your point we haven't got them yet, we could have aircraft in the F35 that could, broadly speaking be used by both the navy and Air Force.

The F35 is a turkey outmatched by all its rivals. I really hope we cancel our order and make some planes ourselves.

Anybody remember when we did that?