T.H.F.C. V. S.U.F.C. .. Leg 1.

rossyrooney

I do fear we could get hammered, if Spurs really go for it with the great form they're in - just to keep in it (2-0 defeat or less) would be a good effort down there, and at least make the 2nd leg meaningful.

If it had been a one-off tie (at either ground), I would've fancied our chances much more, but over 2 legs even if we did manage to nick a win tonight, they would still have chance to put it right next week.

Just hope we get a ref that isn't just buddying upto the big name Spurs players they see during the season - it'll be difficult enough as it is! :)

Good luck to the team tonight! :)

I do fear we could get hammered, if Spurs really go for it with the great form they're in - just to keep in it (2-0 defeat or less) would be a good effort down there, and at least make the 2nd leg meaningful.

If it had been a one-off tie (at either ground), I would've fancied our chances much more, but over 2 legs even if we did manage to nick a win tonight, they would still have chance to put it right next week.

Just hope we get a ref that isn't just buddying upto the big name Spurs players they see during the season - it'll be difficult enough as it is! :)

Bang on pal,I think 1 off you have a chance,over 2 legs,no chance.

We do have a pretty good record against them over the last 8 meetings (of course most of these were in the 90s, but all were in the top flight) - they haven't won in the last 5 at the Lane, and have only won 2 of the last 8 overall (including a 6-0 blades win which is our Premier League record, and a double over them).

Unfortunately, we don't have the team we had back then...!

Neil Swarbrick tonight and I was told Mike Dean for the return, but I can't confirm that and the person who told me may have just been trying to wind me up as he knows exactly what I think of Mike 'It's all about me' Dean. :(

I have just had a laugh with the Corporation grit lorry driver who has cleared our bus route.

He told me that he started at four this Morning and that he was clocking off at 12 to drive down to the Match.

I said that the way Clough plays against premier clubs you should have a good chance.

His reply "Im a Spurs supporter and I live on Blackstock Road".

Anything can happen. In the 60s Wednesday took the division's worst away record to Spurs when they had the division's best home record. Wednesday won, the nine results paid a bumper dividend and Maurice Norman never kicked another ball (or another centre forward). :)

Was that the year Wednesday finished runners up to Spurs despite beating them twice in the league?