Westfield Comprehensive School Mosborough

Anyone out there who attended Westfield Comprehensive in 1958 - 59? I left in 1959, I was in Class 4A. Does anyone have an old photograph of this class taken at this time? I had one, unfortunately its got lost over the years.

Our class teacher was a Mr West, Head Master Mr Rollinson, Deputy Head Mr Gilbody. I would really appreciate any help on this.

Derek Clayton.

• 1 year later...

I was a pupil at Westfield from its opening in 1956 or 57 to 1962, when I went to Trinity College Cambridge on a scholarship. It was an excellent school, not least because of Mr Rollinson, Miss Smith, Mr Rogers, Mr Inman Mr Shaw, Mr Addy and all the other excellent staff whose names I can't remember. We studied Latin and French, as well as having a Scout troop, Rock climbing club, two annual school plays, such as Shakespeare and T S Eliot. At Cambridge, where nearly all my contemporaries were from Public or Grammar schools I was never in the least disadvantaged. Thank you Westfield, which was in those days in Derbyshire, of course, and their first Comprehensive. It replaced Eckington Grammar, which I also went to in the 2nd form, over which it was a huge improvement.

John Smith