Where to live (while working in Rotherham)?

pirogi

Yes there is but still properties in handsworth itself. Budget is fine but what you looking for / semi / detatched . rent / buy./ People aint twigged on yet how serious living near a main bus route is . Its great here mate my wife says so and she knows everything. :hihi::hihi:

Got to agree with your wife I have lived here 39 years and love it. Great bus route great shops pubs etc there is even a bus to Rotherham. There are a few private rentals around but I don't know how they are with dogs.

Whiston, Brecks, Wickersley and Bramley are all on the way to town, but nice areas. They're on main bus routes but not too far out and close to Sheffield. There's a lot of green space around these places too with parks, fields and woods.

£500 a month should get you somewhere very nice.

...we are used to living in a big city, so didn't think abt 'village' areas before. How is it with public transport there? We will ne planning to get a car, but later on, so...

If it so happends that there wont be many landlords willing to rent a house to pple with a dog, it would be good to know which areas to really avoid and why... like it was mentioned here not to choose the s2 and s9 area...

Lyndyloo, is that yr pup in ur avatar? :) mines similar only black. ;)

S13 sounds nice, Spider. :)

I will probably come back to you after going to an agency and once I know from what I will be choosing from. :)

Once again thank you so much! I will go through all the mentioned areas on a map this evening. :)

Hi yes its our 2yr old cleftie Lhasa Ben .ps We rent privately ..Good Luck

You should have a look at Brinsworth.

Very close to Rotherham, at the end of the parkway so Sheffield centre is 10 minutes drive, Meadowhall is 1 mile up the road, good access M1 & M18.

Not sure on buses as I don't use public transport, but there's decent shops around here and 5/6 good pubs/restaurants.

Shouldn't have a problem renting with £500, might even be able to get a 3 bed with that.

Hope this helps, Chris

I was living in Handsworth (loved it) for 6 months when i first came to sheffield, then moved to Heeley (loved it) because i was closer to public transport (and had no car)

Now i have a car (well...if you can call a 96 nissan micra "a car") so i have moved again to Handsworth.

Good public transport (at least it's good for me)

Close to town

ASDA superstore 24h just 10 minutes away (walking)

The S9 post code has some nice places to live in...not all.

Hope you find a good place.

Cheers :)

Unless you want to be in Sheffield city centre for nightlife I would live in Rotherham or on the outskirts of Sheffield.

I used to work in Sheffield but always lived in Rotherham or Worksop. Some areas have Sheffield addresses but are actually Rotherham.

I have always wanted quick access via main roads and motorways (to drive myself) and good access to train service. My retired parents do like to use the bus routes though. I'm not up to speed on all bus routes these days.

Areas where I would be prepared to live with easy access to Rotherham and green areas are:

Thorpe Hesley, Scholes, Whiston, Wickersley,Flanderwell, Hellaby, some of Maltby, some of Dinnington, Laughton Common, Laughton en Le Morthen, Anston and Treeton. There are probably more but I can't think of them off the top of my head. There are other nice areas but traffic not too good at rush hour.

Find some cheap ****ty estate and paint every room magnolia ,within walking distance to work and don't have a car.... It's surprising how much you can save in 3 to 5 years without a car and big housing bills ...Save up get the hell out of there and never have to see,go to,or work in Rovrum ever again!

Hi yes its our 2yr old cleftie Lhasa Ben .ps We rent privately ..Good Luck

Could you give me a hint where I could find private rents plz? I'm mailny looking at rightmove, but see only agencies...

---------- Post added 31-01-2015 at 14:08 ----------

Could someone tell me more abt public transportation in sheffield..please.. :roll: how come when I try to look for a bus going through sheffield road (A6178) it always takes me through the city centre?

(I'm using yorkshiretravel.net do do the checking).

For example anywhere from Handsworth it is abt 15min.by car.. but bus takes over an hour :confused: as it goes through Sheffield city centre.. are there no bus routes going lets say via for example Greenland rd or Sheffield Pkwy..? :huh:

edit.. Ok, see bus routes there.. so maybe somebody knows a better site than yorkshiretravel.net as it's eihthter taking me through the city centr or making go by foot 40 min. on routs where there ARE buses..

---------- Post added 31-01-2015 at 21:50 ----------

So I'm looking at Handsworth - seems really nice. Thanks for recommending. :)

anyway, what abt Woodthorpe, Woodhouse and the area around Richmond street and park? They are close to Handsworth, so..

Edited by pirogi