Event Tickets Scam

I don't think the blame lies with the venues or the touts. after all it's just business.

The blame lies with the act/artist.

Look at Glastonbury. Michael Eavis decided he didn't want people to suffer from this kind of thing so he made it a registration only event where your face is on your pass.

If the artists all demanded a similar approach to sales of tickets to their gigs then the venues would have to play along.

After all, the events are for the fans of the artist. So the artist should look after them.

This is one thing that always frustrates me. I had to pay £90 for two tickets for a gig in Sheffield a few years ago and the face value was £12

I hate having to give in to touts but if you miss tickets and want to attend a gig then what else can you do.

There needs to be something put in place by ticket vendors to ensure tickets cannot be sold at a greater price.

You had to pay or you chose to pay?

I agree that something needs to be put in place to stop this. I would call this thing common sense and I would ask that the buyers put it in place, not the ticket vendors.

You paid £90 for something that was worth £12 and you believe the fault is someone elses? They saw you coming. If there are any gigs in Sheffield coming up that you want tickets for, please let me know. I also sell stagecoach day riders for £30 a pop.

I don't think the blame lies with the venues or the touts. after all it's just business.

Look at Glastonbury. Michael Eavis decided he didn't want people to suffer from this kind of thing so he made it a registration only event where your face is on your pass.

If the artists all demanded a similar approach to sales of tickets to their gigs then the venues would have to play along.

After all, the events are for the fans of the artist. So the artist should look after them.

So the artist is more to blame than the actual venue owners who are touting?

You also just showed how easy it was for the venue owner to take responsibility for his venue.:loopy:

I think many of you are missing the point here, we are not talking about a scouse ticket tout selling a few overpriced tickets outside the venue, what we have is large ticket organisations making tickets for high demand events unobtainable at face value and then selling them on secondary sites they they own for 2/3/4 times their original cost.

I didn't know Mr Eavis was an act at Glastonbury ;)

Either way it's not the artist, all they do is turn up, do their job and go home. Shows are operated by the promoter/distributor. They make all the decisions.

This is one thing that always frustrates me. I had to pay £90 for two tickets for a gig in Sheffield a few years ago and the face value was £12

I hate having to give in to touts but if you miss tickets and want to attend a gig then what else can you do.

There needs to be something put in place by ticket vendors to ensure tickets cannot be sold at a greater price.

Well then you're creating the problem. If you, and people like you didn't pay almost ten times much as the face value, then they wouldn't sell them.

It's not somebody else's fault. If you have ever bought a ticket at an overinflated price then you are the problem.

The Arctic Monkeys did something similar for their big outdoor show in Sheffield, you had to have the credit card that you purchased the ticket on you to gain entrance to the gig. You wouldn't believe the complaints on here about it.

The Arctic Monkeys did something similar for their big outdoor show in Sheffield, you had to have the credit card that you purchased the ticket on you to gain entrance to the gig. You wouldn't believe the complaints on here about it.

They did indeed - didn't cause me any problems - I just took my credit card with me as requested.

---------- Post added 28-01-2015 at 08:53 ----------

Either way it's not the artist, all they do is turn up, do their job and go home. Shows are operated by the promoter/distributor. They make all the decisions.

See post above about Arctic Monkeys

---------- Post added 28-01-2015 at 08:57 ----------

The point about Glastonbury is the Eavis doesn't run it in any way like any other promoter or venue - it isn't his main business.

Most venue's don't care who comes in - they sell their tickets at face value. They get x many people on seats. They get x many people who buy food/drink. They don't care beyond that because that's not their role. They never will care.

The artist on the other hand gets where they are because of the loyal fans. The same artist SHOULD care who buys their tickets and gets to see them. As stated with the Arctic Monkeys, there are many ways the artist can insist that tickets are distributed fairly amongst their loyal fans. It's in the artists interest really.

Edited by F. Sidebottom