Cheaper Council tax?

Bruno

Surely any argument around council tax is the unfair burden it puts on less well off households. It either needs a couple more bands adding to the top, to take into account the most expensive houses, or it should be scrapped completely and replaced with a local income tax or something similar. :idea:

Adult social care-people who don't have children require extra help.

Council tax doesn't pay for that, it's paid for by the NI/income tax which the old people have paid all their lives only it's not as much as it should be due to it being squandered on scroungers

Is there a case for cheaper council tax! If your home is not on a bus route?

I live about 20 yards from the road that's on a bus route, the blue bins were emptied on that route this week even tho our road was passable, but all the residents on my road still have their bins out for collection.

With the council setting out their gritting program should council tax banding be re-looked at?

The grifters were obviously sent out to treat roads where public services go, what would happen if we had such a sevear winter where snow was down for the whole winter period, would those not on a bus route be left months without bins emptied? Assuming the Gritter were at full capacity thus why such as us were not on the gritting plan.

Is there a case for the fact that you aren't getting the same emergency cover by the Police or Fire Service either ?

Council tax doesn't pay for that, it's paid for by the NI/income tax which the old people have paid all their lives only it's not as much as it should be due to it being squandered on scroungers

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/your-city-council/finance/how-we-spend-budget.html

Check the link and click on the council tax pdf afterwards.

I think you will find I'm correct!