Ofsted BACK at Westfield School

What are you on about?

You say inspectors were in last week and again this week and your thread is started on your claim that they are coming back within days of an inspection.

I ask you what was the actual 'audit', as you described it, doing there last week.

You said that all you knew was what you read in The Star.

The Star article is based upon the findings published in a report of an inspection carried out on the 9th/10th December 2014.

So my question to you, again, is ... what kind of 'audit'/inspection was there this month that you think was followed so quickly with another visit within days?

What are you on about?

You say inspectors were in last week and again this week and your thread is started on your claim that they are coming back within days of an inspection.

I ask you what was the actual 'audit', as you described it, doing there last week.

You said that all you knew was what you read in The Star.

The Star article is based upon the findings published in a report of an inspection carried out on the 9th/10th December 2014.

So my question to you, again, is ... what kind of 'audit'/inspection was there this month that you think was followed so quickly with another visit within days?

The thread was started to ask if it was normal for inspectors to go back to a school so quickly after their last visit.

I have concerns about this.

Since starting the thread and reading the replies I find they have actually been three times within a few weeks of each other.

My concerns now are even greater.

If you have nothing to offer to the thread, why bother commenting at all?

I apologise if I have got confused a little with the audits but after learning about yet another audit then it seems reasonable to get a little confused.

Now, anyone know if it is regular or should I continue to worry about my children's education in this school?

No. It is not 'regular' but it is not unusual.

Avoid confusion by checking your facts.

Contact the school to confirm who visited, when they did and what the purposes of there visits.

While you are at it ask them if they can share their plans for improvement with parents.

No. It is not 'regular' but it is not unusual.

Avoid confusion by checking your facts.

Contact the school to confirm who visited, when they did and what the purposes of there visits.

While you are at it ask them if they can share their plans for improvement with parents.

You seriously need to chill out! You're coming across as quite arrogant.

Just read the words and try not to jump to conclusions.

The OP is asking for advice.

The best advice can only be given based on the facts.

The OP has appeared to be unsure as to what is going on.

Best advice is for the OP to go and find out the facts.

If they would then like to share them with us for further advice, all well and good.

Can you work out what kind of visits the OP is talking about and when they occurred, based upon their posts?

Yawn

Who visited?

Ofsted

When did they visit?

Before Christmas

After the new year

Last week

Why did they visit?

No idea.

Again, cgksheff if you can't help then why do you keep replying?

I've already told you.

It is not a regular occurrence, but not unusual.

School is judged as failing after an inspection.

Inspectors make monitoring visits to make sure plans for improvement are adequate and improvement targets are being met.

Instead of 'yawning' on here, go and ask your child's school.

That is actually the best help you can get.

I've already told you.

It is not a regular occurrence, but not unusual.

School is judged as failing after an inspection.

Inspectors make monitoring visits to make sure plans for improvement are adequate and improvement targets are being met.

get.

You finally give some proper advice thank you

As for contacting the school, I shall be doing first thing Monday morning but as the school was closed when I found out about this latest visit, I thought I may be bold and ask on here, obviously that was very wrong of me!

I apologise for upsetting you.

I bow down to your superior knowledge.

The inspection was 9-10 December. According to my brother who's son goes there, they were told they needed improvement in a lot of areas. But he also said there's nothing really wrong with the school and they didn't "fail" as some are suggesting. Apparently, someone from the LEA was in to look at any hint of sustained improvement (in 6 weeks?!). Heard its better now then when I left 8 and a half years ago.

Edited by Kodopo77