£2.9bn child maintenance "uncollectable".

Do other departments such as the HMRC have the same problem getting back money owed? I doubt it. If not, then maybe HMRC should take over the collection

It's been more difficult since 30,000 taxmen have been made redundant since 2010

A mother has a choice wether to have the child or not.A man often doesn't.If the man choses not to and the woman continues she should forfit her rights to him being a cash cow.

A man always has a choice... it involves keeping his trousers on

A mother has a choice wether to have the child or not.A man often doesn't.If the man choses not to and the woman continues she should forfit her rights to him being a cash cow.

I think that's a fairly low risk though.

If you are with someone and not trying for a family then use condoms.

(Don't go down the 'they don't make em in my size route ;))

If it's long term then you would hope to trust each other enough for other contraceptive.

On the other hand I dislike the idea that men get somone pregnant.

It takes two, the responsibility falls on both.

I would encourage a push toward 5 year implants for teenagers too.

A termination is a terrible thing emotionally.

We had fertility treatment but were lucky and successful first time, termination can go wrong and are best avoided.

So does the woman!

It takes two,but only one has the ultimate choice,and where large amounts of cash is involved,its not right.

Many women trick blokes into kids for monetary reasons,its been happening for centurys.

Blokes don't take the pill women do,and that is based on trust.

---------- Post added 25-01-2015 at 18:26 ----------

I think that's a fairly low risk though.

If you are with someone and not trying for a family then use condoms.

(Don't go down the 'they don't make em in my size route ;))

If it's long term then you would hope to trust each other enough for other contraceptive.

On the other hand I dislike the idea that men get somone pregnant.

It takes two, the responsibility falls on both.

I would encourage a push toward 5 year implants for teenagers too.

A termination is a terrible thing emotionally.

We had fertility treatment but were lucky and successful first time, termination can go wrong and are best avoided.

Paying hundreds of pounds every month to an ex can be very emotional and that's not a one off lol

So they should. My partner has never received a penny in payments from her daughters dad in the 11 years she's been on the planet. He works (self-employed) and likes to see her on a regular basis. His excuse is her mother earns far more than him, so he shouldn't have to pay a penny.

So he hasn't been assessed as due maintenance by the CSA?

---------- Post added 25-01-2015 at 19:51 ----------

Sounds fair. He should sue the mum for maintenance too while he's at it

He'd need to take custody of the child to do that :huh:

---------- Post added 25-01-2015 at 19:53 ----------

£2.9 billion in uncollectable child maintenance is more than twice as much that is lost to benefit fraud each year, yet benefit fraud is constantly pushed to the top of the headlines, and they even make lots of television programmes about it.

Perhaps it's because we're encouraged to hate benefit fraudsters more than we're encouraged to hate people who don't pay for the upkeep of their children. :suspect:

Presumably 2.9 billion is absolute though. So it's built up over what, a decade, two decades? It's not 2.9 billion per year.

---------- Post added 25-01-2015 at 19:53 ----------

In which case, the argument is that women have 2 choices, whilst men only get 1.

In which case, the argument is that women have 2 choices, whilst men only get 1.

Three choices, if you include a couple of bricks (would be very painful and possibly illegal, so I can not condone this method of birth control).