£2.9bn child maintenance "uncollectable".

It's been more difficult since 30,000 taxmen have been made redundant since 2010

Have they stopped paying maintenance too?:hihi:

---------- Post added 25-01-2015 at 20:31 ----------

Wow, this guy has form :o

Hint to the ladies out there... some men just can't be tamed :nono:

Yes, he's been a very busy irresponsible boy.

---------- Post added 25-01-2015 at 20:41 ----------

So he hasn't been assessed as due maintenance by the CSA?

---------- Post added 25-01-2015 at 19:51 ----------

He'd need to take custody of the child to do that :huh:

---------- Post added 25-01-2015 at 19:53 ----------

Presumably 2.9 billion is absolute though. So it's built up over what, a decade, two decades? It's not 2.9 billion per year.

---------- Post added 25-01-2015 at 19:53 ----------

In which case, the argument is that women have 2 choices, whilst men only get 1.

My partner threatened him with the CSA, but he had already done his homework and told her he would only have to pay about a fiver a week. He is self-employed (probably not declaring his actual earnings) and so he can cry poverty if the CSA get involved.

My partner threatened him with the CSA, but he had already done his homework and told her he would only have to pay about a fiver a week. He is self-employed (probably not declaring his actual earnings) and so he can cry poverty if the CSA get involved.

"Probably"... Or perhaps your partner really does earn significantly more and he really wouldn't be assessed to pay very much.

"Probably"... Or perhaps your partner really does earn significantly more and he really wouldn't be assessed to pay very much.

He's a landscape gardener. I think most of the money he earns will be cash in hand. I don't think even the taxman see's much of it, mind about my partner, or the young-un.

He's a tight arse! Even if he were earning a good wage, he still wouldn't part with a penny.

He's a landscape gardener. I think most of the money he earns will be cash in hand. I don't think even the taxman see's much of it, mind about my partner, or the young-un.

He's a tight arse! Even if he were earning a good wage, he still wouldn't part with a penny.

He's Scottish by any chance? Some people just have no conscience, but hopefully Karma will get to him eventually, even tho that's no benefit to his daugther as she grows up.

£2.9 billion in uncollectable child maintenance is more than twice as much that is lost to benefit fraud each year, yet benefit fraud is constantly pushed to the top of the headlines, and they even make lots of television programmes about it.

Perhaps it's because we're encouraged to hate benefit fraudsters more than we're encouraged to hate people who don't pay for the upkeep of their children. :suspect:

Or perhaps it is because the benefit fraudsters are defrauding society, ie me and thee, whilst the maintenance dodgers only impact a few people. Also, the benefit fraud is lost every year, whilst this is a sum total of all historical unpaid maintenance.

A mother has a choice wether to have the child or not.A man often doesn't.If the man choses not to and the woman continues she should forfit her rights to him being a cash cow.

I actually agree here. I am sure that there was a bill proposed that allowed men to remove themselves of responsibility for the child in a certain time frame. This would be a good idea, a man can do this for the same time frame as the lady can kill her kid (12 weeks??)

A man always has a choice... it involves keeping his trousers on

So I assume you are against abortion then? After all, a woman can keep her trousers on too.