Capitol...did u ever go?

SWFC.

We used to go on Tuesday nights... was awesome!

We started off at The Globe when they'd just started selling flavoured vodkas.. we were skiving off uni and preceded to get blotto and then and up in Capitol...

I seem to remember there being nice bar maids and dancers on podiums behind the bar..

oh and the sloping toilets too...

oh the memories!

I remember dancing on the raised dancefloor absolutely hammered on castaways, I got my foot stuck under the railings and was too embarrassed to tell anyone so just stood there dancing with my arms My mates twigged and were laughing their heads off whilst trying to free my foot. I had to take my boots off in the end and the free my boot!!!! Absolutely hilarious!!!! It was the talk of school for weeks after that!!! :hihi::loopy::hihi::loopy:

Bit of history... the space where Capitol became a club was originally a dodgy cheap suit place called Capitol suits. The place was bought by the Baxendales who used to runs Rebels (tiny rock club up 40 flights of steps near markets) & went onto run Niche...

After Capitol it was briefly Area 51 & then taken over to become Zero & now Plug where its quite a credible club with reasonable nights...

so now you know!

:)

Archived