The unemployed are punished with hunger - unemployment the worst crime

The only major party that I might - just possibly - trust with the NHS is the SNP, and they're not standing in Sheffield.

The election is hard to predict, but at the moment a Labour/SNP coalition is looking like a distinct possibility.

What about giving your vote to a good independent candidate?

Surely the greens are to be trusted? Mind you, you might see a big rise in homeopathic stuff etc.

What people on here seem to asking for is a far left party. If that's really a nationwide view, why isn't there one? We've got a single issue bunch of right wing nutters in the form of UKIP making waves, where's the left wing equivelent?

The only successful independent candidates were single issue representatives if I remember..Martin (white suit) Bell,and the Doctor from Kidderminster Richard Taylor...

Edited by truman

I've just been reading about the dreadful human being that is the MP for Sherwood, in Nottinhamshire. Spencer, the local MP, defended the benefits system that left a jobseeker with learning difficulties without food or electricity for 5 days after he was four minutes late for a Jobcentre appointment. Spencer said that people like him needed to learn "the discipline of timekeeping", and suggested the education system needed to improve to cure the constituent's learning difficulties.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/02/05/tory-mp-mark-spencer-starve-dark_n_6622468.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

The MP no doubt makes full use of the taxpayer largesse heaped on MPs at Westminster. What a despicable waste of space he is. If that were my MP I'd be telling him, face to face, what a ******* he is :rant:

Edited by Mister M

I've just been reading about the dreadful human being that is the MP for Sherwood, in Nottinhamshire. Spencer, the local MP, defended the benefits system that left a jobseeker with learning difficulties without food or electricity for 5 days after he was four minutes late for a Jobcentre appointment. Spencer said that people like him needed to learn "the discipline of timekeeping", and suggested the education system needed to improve to cure the constituent's learning difficulties.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/02/05/tory-mp-mark-spencer-starve-dark_n_6622468.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

The MP no doubt makes full use of the taxpayer largesse heaped on MPs at Westminster. What a despicable waste of space he is. If that were my MP I'd be telling him, face to face, what a ******* he is :rant:

Let's hope he's not re-elected - but of course he won't find himself on the dole like so many of his constituents. He, (and all other deposed MPs,) will get a very nice payoff of several thousands of pounds to 'ease' his transition back into the real world, and, if he's done the obligatory arse kissing while in parliament, probably a few nice cushy consultancy positions too.

Just as a matter of interest, all MPs get a 'resettlement' grant when they are voted out of office.

14 MPs (all non-entities) handed 'golden goodbyes' totalling £650,898 - and lucrative pensions on top, after the last election, are now standing again in the next election.

Nice to know our taxes are paying for this, and not the poor jobseeker with learning difficulties, but without food or electricity....

Edited by Anna B

Sanctions need to be ended immediately.

He further goes on to say.

"I hope that the Hon. Lady [Nandy] appreciates that people who work very hard, and who might be earning very small amounts from working 50 hours a week, have to turn up to work on time. If they are late for their employment, they might be sanctioned by their employer."

50 hours a week at minimum wage is at least £130, even under the lowest minimum wage. It is £325 at the adult minimum wage. (The Age of an 'Adult' in UK has been increasing due to age defined financial discrimination).

Both sums, far greater than a week's JSA of £57/week to £73/week (2015 rates from April).

If 4 minutes late, the most somebody in the 'private sector' would lose would be 15 minutes pay, and they would take a 10 minute tea break before starting on the quarter of the hour they begin to be paid. The sanction would be 40p - £1.62 n half pence.

They would not receive 4 weeks of full time pay sanction for being 4 minutes late. 4 minutes lateness would often just be ignored. Filling out paper work for such 'lost' time would be a waste of time much greater than 4 minutes.

Sanctions need to be ended immediately.

He further goes on to say.

50 hours a week at minimum wage is at least £130, even under the lowest minimum wage. It is £325 at the adult minimum wage. (The Age of an 'Adult' in UK has been increasing due to age defined financial discrimination).

Both sums, far greater than a week's JSA of £57/week to £73/week (2015 rates from April).

If 4 minutes late, the most somebody in the 'private sector' would lose would be 15 minutes pay, and they would take a 10 minute tea break before starting on the quarter of the hour they begin to be paid. The sanction would be 40p - £1.62 n half pence.

They would not receive 4 weeks of full time pay sanction for being 4 minutes late. 4 minutes lateness would often just be ignored. Filling out paper work for such 'lost' time would be a waste of time much greater than 4 minutes.

And the savings in JSA sanctions is offset by the additional administrative red tape costs, the increased payment in sickness benefits, NHS, crime and housing costs.

Myself and many others I know are now costing the taxpayers shed loads more money since been sanctioned.