Would unemployment have been ended if there had been no immigration ??

Give me a source.

:hihi: you ask for sources and you even got in a pre-emptive attack of the source in your post to me :D

Hilarious.

All because you are a skilled migrant who would have got in a controlled system so you feel attached to the term and ignore the massive flood of unskilled car washes that followed :loopy:

Get over yourself. You would have got in on a points system

And how would the country pay for training its people?

I would also like to see you demonstrate that the growth in the British population is large enough to sustain the increasing number of pensioners that need looking after and switch to taking from the state from contributing to it.

Good luck.

Stop sending £55 million a day 20 billion a year to the EU!

cut foreign aid ...YES really a whopping £1bn a month

stop everyone in the world coming and using our FREE services

Stop dumping our own people on the dole,it costs money

stop companys advertising jobs only abroad and stipulate the must be advertised here.

our own people,wouldnt send money home,it would all stay here,spent on housing and other things that would REALLY benefit our country.

we have the money,we just have no control where it goes.

I am still looking for your source, when you provide it, I will give you an explanation of why it is rubbish.

As far as my own sources are concerned, I don't need any as long as you nationalist brown-nosers keep coming up with nonsense statements. It is like taking candy of babies.

Then you are not looking at all. More pro EU lies. Google is your friend.

Ive already stated its UCL. Go look it up as you are looking.

Ok you don't need sources but everyone else does. Typical objectivity.

Whats wrong with not wanting my nation raped by the EU and everyone else.

When i was born one earner could easily support a family in the UK - today its not the case. Our quality of life has been decimated.

Taking candy from babies? Yeah thats the EU attitude indeed. Glad you admit it and we need to end their obvious abuse.

Stop sending £55 million a day 20 billion a year to the EU!

cut foreign aid ...YES really a whopping £1bn a month

stop everyone in the world coming and using our FREE services

Stop dumping our own people on the dole,it costs money

stop companys advertising jobs only abroad and stipulate the must be advertised here.

our own people,wouldnt send money home,it would all stay here,spent on housing and other things that would REALLY benefit our country.

we have the money,we just have no control where it goes.

And all say all of us :banana:

I honestly believe we will be out of the EU within the next 5 years. In fact I think there is a strong chance that the EU will not exist by the beginning of the next decade. Certainly not in its current form anyway.

You're in good company so does Nigel Farage..

Give me a source.

Up to 80,000 British students each year cannot find places on nursing courses even though the NHS is hiring thousands from abroad, it was revealed yesterday.

And nurses in their 40s who left to start families say they are unable to find jobs to come back to, apparently because they are going to younger European candidates.

It also emerged it costs the NHS £70,000 to train a nurse for three years – but for the same amount it could hire three qualified foreigners on an average salary of £23,000.

Hospitals recruited almost 6,000 overseas nurses last year, a four-fold increase on the previous year.

Four out of five new NHS nurses are foreign, with managers flying to Spain and Portugal to hire up to 50 at a time. Dr Peter Carter, of the Royal College of Nursing, yesterday accused the Government of ‘lamentable workforce planning’.

‘We’ve now got a crisis and we’ve got trusts recruiting from all points of the compass,’ he added.

Dr Sarah Wollaston, the chairman of the Health Select Committee, said it was ‘time to deliver’ the workforce the NHS needs and to give thousands of young Britons a chance. The RCN estimates there are 100,000 applicants a year for the 20,000 training places in Britain.

http://www.planningforcare.co.uk/BlogView.asp?id=43034

Nursing dream turns sour in the Philippines

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-18575810

At the beginning of this year, more than 200,000 registered Philippine nurses could not find work, and an estimated 80,000 are graduating this year to join an already saturated job market.

Its odd that they can afford to train all these nurses but the NHS claim they can not afford to train nurses, also take not that of this.

Such jobs not only meant the nurse was well provided for, it often meant that the money he or she sent home to the Philippines would provide for the rest of the family too.

A British nurse would spend their money in the UK which would be much better for the UK economy.

Up to 80,000 British students each year cannot find places on nursing courses even though the NHS is hiring thousands from abroad, it was revealed yesterday.

And nurses in their 40s who left to start families say they are unable to find jobs to come back to, apparently because they are going to younger European candidates.

It also emerged it costs the NHS £70,000 to train a nurse for three years – but for the same amount it could hire three qualified foreigners on an average salary of £23,000.

Hospitals recruited almost 6,000 overseas nurses last year, a four-fold increase on the previous year.

Four out of five new NHS nurses are foreign, with managers flying to Spain and Portugal to hire up to 50 at a time. Dr Peter Carter, of the Royal College of Nursing, yesterday accused the Government of ‘lamentable workforce planning’.

‘We’ve now got a crisis and we’ve got trusts recruiting from all points of the compass,’ he added.

Dr Sarah Wollaston, the chairman of the Health Select Committee, said it was ‘time to deliver’ the workforce the NHS needs and to give thousands of young Britons a chance. The RCN estimates there are 100,000 applicants a year for the 20,000 training places in Britain.

http://www.planningforcare.co.uk/BlogView.asp?id=43034

Nursing dream turns sour in the Philippines

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-18575810

At the beginning of this year, more than 200,000 registered Philippine nurses could not find work, and an estimated 80,000 are graduating this year to join an already saturated job market.

Its odd that they can afford to train all these nurses but the NHS claim they can not afford to train nurses, also take not that of this.

Such jobs not only meant the nurse was well provided for, it often meant that the money he or she sent home to the Philippines would provide for the rest of the family too.

A British nurse would spend their money in the UK which would be much better for the UK economy.

Thanks anfisa, I hope some of the one-liner crew can join your example.

Regarding training, the gap between 20K trained and 80K required is immense, there is clearly an issue there but it could be a number of factors involved. What puzzles me is how that gap can be so big.

It is not as simple as going: Let's open a new school for nurses. Higher Education requires high quality staff and they might not be available and the RCN and government need to verify the validity of the course. Then there is the question of why the demand is all of a sudden this high. If you open up 60,000 nurse training places to fill that gap you will soon find yourself in a situation like the Philippines where they clearly trained too many nurses due to overcapacity. It is incredibly difficult to plan the expected need on the scale of the NHS. It is possible, but it requires a lot of planning, foresight and analysis, not something the NHS managers are renowned for.

It could be any number of reasons, but you could suspect that staff-turnover in hospitals is getting ridiculous, what, with the pressure they are under. Simply training four times as many nurses won't solve the issue at the core of that.

The hiring of such large numbers of foreign nurses is worrying as it hints at careless selection - is the Philippine Nursing education of the same quality as it is here? And if hospital managers are found that give foreign staff preferential treatment or indeed pay them less than they would local nurses than they should be removed from their role and investigated.

The issue deserves an inquiry.

I honestly believe we will be out of the EU within the next 5 years. In fact I think there is a strong chance that the EU will not exist by the beginning of the next decade. Certainly not in its current form anyway.

The election in Greece certainly raises some interesting questions doesn't it.

What will the EU actually do if Greece decides to default.

Thanks anfisa, I hope some of the one-liner crew can join your example.

Regarding training, the gap between 20K trained and 80K required is immense, there is clearly an issue there but it could be a number of factors involved. What puzzles me is how that gap can be so big.

It is not as simple as going: Let's open a new school for nurses. Higher Education requires high quality staff and they might not be available and the RCN and government need to verify the validity of the course. Then there is the question of why the demand is all of a sudden this high. If you open up 60,000 nurse training places to fill that gap you will soon find yourself in a situation like the Philippines where they clearly trained too many nurses due to overcapacity. It is incredibly difficult to plan the expected need on the scale of the NHS. It is possible, but it requires a lot of planning, foresight and analysis, not something the NHS managers are renowned for.

It could be any number of reasons, but you could suspect that staff-turnover in hospitals is getting ridiculous, what, with the pressure they are under. Simply training four times as many nurses won't solve the issue at the core of that.

The hiring of such large numbers of foreign nurses is worrying as it hints at careless selection - is the Philippine Nursing education of the same quality as it is here? And if hospital managers are found that give foreign staff preferential treatment or indeed pay them less than they would local nurses than they should be removed from their role and investigated.

The issue deserves an inquiry.

Demand is not all of a sudden high, demand for nurse training courses as exceeded supply for well over a decade, the jobs have been there, the potencial nurses have been there but the training places have not been there.

£70k to train a nurse also appears very high and based on those figures the Philippines are spending £5,600,000,000 a year to train nurses for export unless their training costs much less.

The reason is the way government departments are allocated funds, the NHS is only responsible for it own budget, it does not matter to the NHS if another departments spending increases as a consequence of them saving money, its the way government works. NHS save £50k over three years is good for the NHS, they do not have to consider the increased costs that the DWP now face. So whilst the NHS can save money by recruiting foreign nurses this does not equate to a tax saving for the tax payer, it actually ends up costing us more.