Debt collectors rights

Theres just been somewhat of a curfuffle at one of my neighbours house and as she lives alone i decided to go round. Some thugish looking bloke from a company called Scottcall or something was harassing this women for a debt she said shedidnt owe.This man was bullying her to prove who she was even though she was at her home. She rents private as do i so her property is private property but this bloke started taking pictures of her house. She got really upset at this and i told him to jog on so he went but then started taking snaps from the street say its public land so he can do what he wants,.

This has all been a stress for her and now shes worried hes coming back or doing something with these pictures hes took. I told her id see what information i can find out but im stumped. Can anyone help with some advice about her situation mainly is someone allowed to come and start taking pictures of a private house against the tenants wishes?

I don't think anything can be done tbh. Sorry to hear about it not good! Has anything on the outside of her house changed makes you wonder why hes taking pictures hate anything like that its weird. Do you know what the debt was for ?

Whatever else she does, I would suggest teaching your neighbour this phrase:

Harassment to procure the payment of a consumer debt is illegal under the terms of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

When he turns up, she confirms who she is and that the house is not hers, then she tells him this and that she only wants to be contacted in writing, and then she shuts the door.

If he continues, tries to stop her closing the door, or does anything else menacing then she calls the police immediately.

I have had some dealings with Scotcall after some tenants left nearly 30k in store card debts.

It was all over the phone but they did their best to help me sort it out as was not my debt.

They were always very professional so it makes me wonder whether this caller was from the company or maybe a sub-contract monkey!

Its no wonder he took photos if she was reticent to prove who she was.

Some people do have some weird ideas as to what rights they think they have in these situations.

It is almost impossible for any debt agency to resolve an issue if they don't know who they're talking too. She only had to deny she was the debtor and ask for it in writing and job done.

Photo evidence is proof she was at the address should it be needed as proof.

btw its a new craze now for delivery companies to photograph the outside of your house so obviously their isn't a thing you can do to stop it.