What colour are you

Benedict Cumberbatch who is an actor has caused furore by saying on a U.S talk show that ,"As far as coloured actors are concerned it gets difficult to obtain certain parts in the UK

Now this has got me thinking !Just what colour do we consider our selves to be and what colour do others see us as .

Looking into my own bathroom mirror I see a rather reddish greyish mottled geezer , who's colour changes with the weather or the amount of gin drank at the last wedding or wake.

Others in my district seem to be various shades of brown [often the same brown as myself after a week in Torremelinios or Mablethorpe [rust].

A new neighbour of mine who moved in recently who is very black ,I decided to say hello and welcome him to our area.

The conversation went something along the lines [ me! ]" Hello pal are you moving in "[ he]! " Plenty of darkies coming in here mate" .

Now I was taken aback by his reply as I could see what shade he was and that had not even entered my head so I can only presume that it is some thing that is to the fore front of his own thinking .

So any thoughts are we coloured or is it all Black and white or some thing a little in be tween.

Edited by cuttsie

Benedict Cumberbatch who is an actor has caused furore by saying on a U.S talk show that ,"As far as coloured actors are concerned it gets difficult to obtain certain parts in the UK

Now this has got me thinking !Just what colour do we consider our selves to be and what colour do others see us as .

Looking into my own bathroom mirror I see a rather reddish greyish mottled geezer , who's colour changes with the weather or the amount of gin drank at the last wedding or wake.

Others in my district seem to be various shades of brown [often the same brown as myself after a week in Torremelinios or Mablethorpe [rust].

A new neighbour of mine who moved in recently who is very black ,I decided to say hello and welcome him to our area.

The conversation went something along the lines [ me! ]" Hello pal are you moving in "[ he]! " Plenty of darkies coming in here mate" .

Now I was taken aback by his reply as I could see what shade he was and that had not even entered my head so I can only presume that it is some thing that is to the fore front of his own thinking .

So any thoughts are we coloured or is it all Black and white or some thing a little in be tween.

When all the lights are out we are all black.