Where serves Moonshine

HJO-1403

Broadfield on Abbeydale Road does.

(I'd assume by extension the rest of the pubs in the chain do too.)

The "Rising Sun" at Nether Green is the brewery's own pub. So they should do too!

However, their website doesn't appear to have been updated since 2013, and they use "Comic Sans"

So I would suggest they are "cut" from your social diaries.

LOL. Not when they do SunFest tho. It's still one of the best privately organised beer festivals I've ever been to.

The "Rising Sun" at Nether Green is the brewery's own pub. So they should do too!

However, their website doesn't appear to have been updated since 2013, and they use "Comic Sans"

So I would suggest they are "cut" from your social diaries.

Are you suggesting not going to pubs merely based on the typeface used on the website? :rolleyes:

Broadfield hasn't had Moonshine for a while, I was there last weekend and no sign of it.

Been on for at least the last fortnight.

(It does occasionally get rotated out for other Abbeydale beers such as Deception though.)

---------- Post added 29-01-2015 at 13:57 ----------

Are you suggesting not going to pubs merely based on the typeface used on the website? :rolleyes:

As good a reason as any other!

As good a reason as any other!

No, no it is not. I'm not defending Comic Sans in any way, but boycotting a pub based on a website that most patrons won't even look at as opposed to something more substantial such as beer quality or friendliness of the bar staff is just stupid.

Never, ever underestimate the loathing some people have for Comic Sans!

---------- Post added 29-01-2015 at 15:32 ----------

Really? Personally I don't think there's a better quaffable pale around thean Moonshine when it's in good nick. Much better than the offerings from Bradfield, Kelham and the like. I also love Abbeydales other core range such as Deception and Absolution - but their 'experimental' Dr Morton range is just 'more of the same' really.

I'm increasingly of the view that Moonshine is an underrated beer.

Never, ever underestimate the loathing some people have for Comic Sans!

---------- Post added 29-01-2015 at 15:32 ----------

I'm increasingly of the view that Moonshine is an underrated beer.

When it is good it is very, very good. When it isn't in top nick it's rubbish. I used to drink gallons at the New Barrack Tav.

Got to be honest, I've never really had a great pint in the Porter Brook. Went round to the Porter Cottage a week or so ago, however, and the beer was in superb condition - though no Moonshine. Always have it when I go to the Fox and Duck though.

---------- Post added 29-01-2015 at 08:02 ----------

How come I've never heard of this place? What else do you have on?

The Fox & Duck is our sister pub. We only opened in September so don't expect everyone to have heard about us. We've Abbeydale Moonshine, Stancil No7 & Thornbridge Jaipur on as standard and we have a 4th pump on with guest beers on rotation.