Where serves Moonshine

HJO-1403

Got to be honest, I've never really had a great pint in the Porter Brook. Went round to the Porter Cottage a week or so ago, however, and the beer was in superb condition - though no Moonshine. Always have it when I go to the Fox and Duck though.

---------- Post added 29-01-2015 at 08:02 ----------

How come I've never heard of this place? What else do you have on?

The Fox & Duck is our sister pub. We only opened in September so don't expect everyone to have heard about us. We've Abbeydale Moonshine, Stancil No7 & Thornbridge Jaipur on as standard and we have a 4th pump on with guest beers on rotation.

Cheers mate. Whilst I'll move heaven and earth to avoid Stancil (I have given up asking why it is becoming ubiquitous around town these days and put it down to the fact it's every bit as cheap to buy as it tastes) I'm not one to turn down a Moonshine or Jaipur, so will come hunt you out sometime.

From experience it can be hit and miss.

Fagans and the Grapes serve an terrific pint of Moonshine.

It's dreadful (imo) in the Washington, tastes like washing up liquid.

Its a lovely pint when on form, you may have noticed many pubs (real ale) used to have it on as a "session" beer. Rumours are its a hard beer to keep! often "curdling" . many pubs have now change to other session brews.