35K for a car, what do you buy?

S class 350 or A8 3.0 quattro diesels, best low miler that money can get.

Alternative: a fresher low-miles 5-doored Impreza WRX (hawkeye estate, not 'orrid hatch) and a 2.7 Boxster S. (I'm going to be grateful for the current scoob's AWD and hi-lo gbox the morning :D)

Funnily enough, atm I'm tracking an S320 and a 2.7 Boxster on fleabay. Both sub-45kmiles with 1 owner...and I'd have about £16k spare from your budget if I bought both for their respective asking!

PS: we do have a dog, which we do take on 600 mile trips (in the C220 saloon, no bother whatsoever) ;)

Edited by L00b

By heck, older Bentleys cost £50035000? :)

I don't like the look of the X6, in fact I think it is hideous, an old Bentley I would love, but the running costs would probably kill me.

Saw an i3 in the flesh recently, looked a lot better in real life than on the images in my opinion, certainly something different!

I agree, it is vile.

---------- Post added 29-01-2015 at 00:04 ----------

7 ex post office vauxhall combo vans.

would last me the rest of my life.

plus. my penis is already big enough. i dont need a car to substitute for its lacking.

What a rubbish comment.

S class 350 or A8 3.0 quattro diesels, best low miler that money can get.

Alternative: a fresher low-miles 5-doored Impreza WRX (hawkeye estate, not 'orrid hatch) and a 2.7 Boxster S. (I'm going to be grateful for the current scoob's AWD and hi-lo gbox the morning :D)

Funnily enough, atm I'm tracking an S320 and a 2.7 Boxster on fleabay. Both sub-45kmiles with 1 owner...and I'd have about £16k spare from your budget if I bought both for their respective asking!

PS: we do have a dog, which we do take on 600 mile trips (in the C220 saloon, no bother whatsoever) ;)

Haha :) Is it as big as our Clumber Spaniel though? I like that he can go for a walk in the back of the car ;)

You might be suprised on the fuel. Granted its no 1.1l runaround, but the returns are fairly good fo such a big car....

I have a ute with the same/similar engine (supercharged pushing 500rwhp) and I use it as my daily. Probably costs 100gbp per week in fuel once I convert it back. I will admit that push the loud pedal will see a return of about 3mpg! :hihi:

Looks like it has had the stock eaton m122 removed and replaced with the magnusson TVS 2.3l blower unit. This will run to about the claimed 650bhp if it has the supporting mods

Edited by stimpy

A Mazda 3 MPS I think, if we're talking about buying a brand new car. Masses of fun, nice looking, reasonably unusual :)

The forthcoming one looks amazing, I would absolutely LOVE one.

Having taken delivery of a new car in the last few months this is an interesting topic. Had I had £35k at the time of ordering I think I would have gone for the Merc A class AMG. However I didn't so I settled on a VW Golf R which I absolutely love to bits. The 4 wheel drive has really helped me the last couple of days as well :thumbsup:

I am a big fan of hot hatch backs.