35K for a car, what do you buy?

Yes... These old cars break.... But as long as you,ve got a 10 ,13 and 17 mm spanner and you can see where it goes... You fix it without even being a mechanic!

I wouldn't say I have two left hands and I used to maintain the diesel engine on our boat myself, but the thought of fiddly bits in a Volvo turbo engine puts me off too much :)

Having said that, I reckon if I had bought it just to put in the garage I could have got twice my money back in a few years.

Nissan GTR gets my vote too; it's the perfect car for driving around Sheffield.

It has AWD and traction control for getting up the hills and driving through the snow, with launch control and a 3.8 litre twin-turbo engine for... safe overtaking. :)

Edited by The Joker
Bad command or filename

7 series with all the goodies, I have just chopped mine in because I have handed back my license.

Effortless motoring but tons there when you ask for it.

I can completely relate to that, it is what I love about the V70, we have the 2.5T with 200 bhp and automatic, very comfortable and relaxed to drive all the time, but when you want to...

Complete contrast with my quickly ageing Honda Jazz 1.4 manual where you always have the feeling you have to work on out of town roads and in traffic.

Volvo or bmw. Come on get a proper car c63 end of !

A few things wrong with that: there is no way you could buy that for 35K, there is no way you can fit your dog and all your gear to trek up to Scotland into it, and it will cost a fortune in maintenance, running costs and all sorts of other stuff.

Nothing wrong with Mercs, but they don't really get my pulse going, my dad used to work for a firm that was combined ambulance/taxi in the 80s and they had a fleet of Mercs, I can't get over that image :)

7 ex post office vauxhall combo vans.

would last me the rest of my life.

plus. my penis is already big enough. i dont need a car to substitute for its lacking.

Haha, good reasoning :)

You can get a c63 for 35 k and they come in estate for the dog

Didn't realise that, still a Merc though :) anyway, the question was what you would get, so I think I have a good idea of what you would get :)

Haha, good reasoning :)

Didn't realise that, still a Merc though :) anyway, the question was what you would get, so I think I have a good idea of what you would get :)

Oh, I thought we were looking for your trips to Scotland with the dog.

Bmw 330d. Saloon. Maybe even the new 2 series actually.