Driving in snow

Dunno about trams, but roads perfectly OK/clear around Meadowhall.

Drive slowly. Idiot driving too fast rear-ended me this morning at T-junction, put me straight into a passing car. My AWD scoob is dead (as I reckon the insurer will class damage as not economical to repair considering age/value of car, even though driveable with fully functional lights and just 'banged up'), so is the car I got shunted into (as I reckon again, considering the wheeltrain damage to that car) :(

After that, didn't enjoy the commute in the RWD Merc saloon much (an artic bound for Worksop was stuck at the Anston x-road/lights just after the Shell petrol station again), A57 and M1 were a bit dicey. Dreading commute home :mad:

That's a sod. That's the thing, in this weather it doesn't matter how good or how prepared you are if some idiot is flying around like its a nice summers day you can't help but be annoyed when they run in to you. I bet the HGV bunged up that part of the A57 very nicely!

The road was clear and wet, however it didn't stop people freaking out and being over cautious.

This is why we end up with jams. There's being cautious and there's doing what most people in this country seem to do at the merest hint of snow, which is crawl along at 1/2 mph. It's a pity we don't have snow more often and then we could make it part of the test :)

Dunno about trams, but roads perfectly OK/clear around Meadowhall.

Drive slowly. Idiot driving too fast rear-ended me this morning at T-junction, put me straight into a passing car. My AWD scoob is dead (as I reckon the insurer will class damage as not economical to repair considering age/value of car, even though driveable with fully functional lights and just 'banged up'), so is the car I got shunted into (as I reckon again, considering the wheeltrain damage to that car) :(

After that, didn't enjoy the commute in the RWD Merc saloon much (an artic bound for Worksop was stuck at the Anston x-road/lights just after the Shell petrol station again), A57 and M1 were a bit dicey. Dreading commute home :mad:

Well that is a pain, at least you didn't get hurt, but I agree, some people really need to start thinking a bit more. Can't remember in which snow-thread I referred to a stuck Jaguar XJ (Might have been the RWD) but I was not impressed to see a white van (what else) deciding he had enough of waiting and squeezing his way through a tiny gap going uphill on the wrong side of the road just as there was a car coming down hill.

I managed to see my fair share of idiots this morning, driving very slow because it was snowing. The road was clear and wet, however it didn't stop people freaking out and being over cautious.

Gonna be honest I thought this too coming into town via Attercliffe Rd around 7.20am... Until the guy in the Disco in front of me slammed his anchors on and almost rear-ended the car in front, and I almost did the same to him... as we both just slid on the slushy surface. It seemed like the road was in such condition that going was fine... but stopping a little aribtrary. After that I have to say I kept my distance a bit more!

DON'T put your foot down. To drive properly in snow you need as little gas as possible, whilst using as high a gear as possible, avoid spinning the wheels, as this just polishes and compacts the snow. I have seen so many people spinning their wheels and getting nowhere!!!

And try not to come to a dead stop. If you are moving, even just a little, it's easier to continue to do so, than to start again.

Which is why I was annoyed at the silly woman blocking Worral Lane as we went uphill, what a stupid place to stop.

I saw a young woman this morning driving near the Blackstock pub on Gleadless Road, the road is level there and she's on her phone, driving with one hand and her car was skidding all over the place, what an idiot.

Hope you got her reg and reported the moron to the police.