Advice about buying in Sheffield please!

aliceBB

We are considering investing in a 2 or 3 bedroomed house in Sheffield (or elsewhere) with a view to our son living in it, or renting it out if he gets work elsewhere.

The most plentiful supply of the kind of property we can afford to buy outright seems to be in Grimesthorpe/S4.

What are the pros and cons of buying rental property in that area, in your experience?

Many thanks for any advice/benefit of experience.

Edited by aliceBB

I have no intention of sharing it with anyone. I shall not be living there.

What I want to know is how lettable it would be. For example, it seems to be near the Northern Hospital - do they accommodate all their staff themselves, or might some be interested in a shared house?

What I want to know is how lettable it would be. For example, it seems to be near the Northern Hospital - do they accommodate all their staff themselves, or might some be interested in a shared house?

Are you wanting to let to doctors / White collar staff . they can be finicky so will want good carpets. :hihi:

Are you wanting to let to doctors / White collar staff . they can be finicky so will want good carpets. :hihi:

Thanks for your concern, but we are experienced landlords and we never furnish property with anything other than new, high quality stuff. All we want to know us whether working tenants ( pteferably young professionals) would be available in thst area or whether we would be better buying in other areas of the city - and if so, where?

Jesus christ the NHS pay isn't that bad! I don't even think that the homeless would want to house share in Grimesthorpe

Thanks for your concern, but we are experienced landlords and we never furnish property with anything other than new, high quality stuff. All we want to know us whether working tenants ( pteferably young professionals) would be available in thst area or whether we would be better buying in other areas of the city - and if so, where?

The area has a poor reputation. You're unlikely to find the kind of tenants you're talking about.

I doubt that any Doctors, even the newest trainee's live in that area, and it's probably also the case for most of the staff working at the hospital.

Popular areas for letting that I'm aware of, to young professionals are S6 and S10, I'm sure there are other postcodes as well.

Jesus christ the NHS pay isn't that bad! I don't even think that the homeless would want to house share in Grimesthorpe

:hihi::hihi::hihi: They keep saying on forum there is good and bad in all people. You can buy 3 buy to let properties in Grimesthorpe than you can in S6 for same money /

Edited by spider1