New CRB checks can anyone confirm

Anyone know the new Child protection rules I have heard that it could effect people that are already cleared. E,g Like if anyone in your family has a police conviction and even though they may only be connected by marriage you have to disclose it. Also that you may be investigated and suspended this will affect Teachers, Assistants, Child Minders,Carers etc. will it also mean anyone that is involved with children e.g football coaches and whoever. Does anyone know

It has come through on School point that you have to declare if you are living with anyone (even if you live in a shared house and are not related to the people) who has any convictions, either pending or spent.

I've had to fill an additional form at work that requires you to state whether any family members have got criminal records

In most cases the only answer you can give is "I don't know" because, unless they are involved in a Regulated Activity, it would be unlawful to perform a DBS check (nee CRB) on them and therefore they may have convictions of which you are unaware.

Don't judge anyone until you've walked a mile in their shoes

Because then you are a mile away and you have their shoes.

I'm intrigued by this. How would anyone know if other people have a conviction? Surely they don't have the right to know about, for example, someone they happen to share a house with?

Good point. Does the form ask for details of partners or people they live with so the CRB does the check, or does it rely on you asking them? Its not a nice thing to ask!