Best Value Takeaway Coffee in Town ??

Euroboy77

The best coffee I've been getting recently has been a regular Americano from

Mr & Mrs Bears on Division St (£1). It is made with proper ground coffee and packs a lot of flavour.

The News kiosk at the bottom of The Moor does a good takeaway (50p) using Nescafe instant. You only have to go twice before you a welcomed like a regular and there's plenty of friendly banter.

Worst coffee I had recently was from the Coffee Cart inside the Millennium Galleries (Bottom of escalators). So bad that I asked for a refund.

Had a very disappointing filter coffee from Starbucks costing over £2, so will never go there again.

Nero do the best Americano I've had in recent years where you get 3 shots of expresso (4 if you ask) in a large at £2.30 - more than I usually like to pay, but it's worth it.

If you have read this far into my posting and get the impression I am a bit tight - I am !:hihi:

All comments, recommendations welcomed.

Cheers.

Coffee is very subjective, there's many different tastes and styles of roast that comparison can become quite difficult. A lot also has to do with how well the barista's are trained. Starbucks don't hand-pull their espresso shots as it's all done by button on machine. Costa use a grinder for their standard beans but pods for their decaf, as do Nero. It all depends on what you consider value - cheap, or best quality of taste?