Hungry Horse, Broadfield - open

Flanker7

The Hardy Pick / Hungry Horse

An interesting marketing point. The Hungry Horse is prominent on the exterior of the building and its the name most people remember. Just like Wetherspoons who knows the name of them all? I guess many of us do with a pause for thought but as Wetherspoons they instantly recognisable, nationwide.

However, its good for the pedants to get all ANGRY about. Note their names.

IMO so long as we ken what we're talkin at spellin an' gramma and pinprick accuracy is not obligatory; kno wot I's on aboot.

. HERE COMES THE NEXT TESCO'S MINI MART :mad::suspect::rant::rant:

Maybe check the business pages, Tesco are closing stores not opening them.

Re the HH and naming pubs it is exactly as Wetherspoons did. They started off with a basic formula and called all the pubs Wetherspoons. After a few years they realised this was having a negative marketing effect on their business model so switched to an umbrella name of Wetherspoons and had individual generally localised names. This also coincided with them moving away from a generic formula of carpets and layout etc. You will find most 'spoons are now quite different in their design.

Living a fair way up Carterknowle Road, I rarely go to the Broadfield because it's just a teensy bit beyond my be-bothered-to-walk-to range and, if I drive, there are other places I'd rather go to. This thread, however, is making me sorely tempted to have a wander down some day soon with my kids (9 and 6. Nutters), possibly calling in at that cool looking sweet shop next door for some quality e-number input.

Living a fair way up Carterknowle Road, I rarely go to the Broadfield because it's just a teensy bit beyond my be-bothered-to-walk-to range and, if I drive, there are other places I'd rather go to. This thread, however, is making me sorely tempted to have a wander down some day soon with my kids (9 and 6. Nutters), possibly calling in at that cool looking sweet shop next door for some quality e-number input.

Let me know when you're going, I'll join you with my six for cokes all round, and we can blow the froth of a couple in our hipsters while our bearded ladies read the menus.

Well we've been.

Pint of Abbott £2:70'ish - acceptable

2 meals for £8.45 - average - Not as good as Wetherspoons.

The menu is a bit of a confusion with some tricks to get more money out of you. eg. !SWEETS FROM 99P! (Only if you have the 2 scoops of frozen yogurt. Everything else starts at £2.70'ish) true but tricksy.

Ambiance not as good as Wetherspoons! A bit chavvy and noisy.

Staff trying hard with new systems.

Canadian bar supervisor friendly and lively.

IMO it will score over W'spoons only in the ambiance as it seems child friendly. Whereas W'spoons is not the best for ankle biters.

We won't be going again.

Well we've been.

Pint of Abbott £2:70'ish - acceptable

2 meals for £8.45 - average - Not as good as Wetherspoons.

The menu is a bit of a confusion with some tricks to get more money out of you. eg. !SWEETS FROM 99P! (Only if you have the 2 scoops of frozen yogurt. Everything else starts at £2.70'ish) true but tricksy.

Ambiance not as good as Wetherspoons! A bit chavvy and noisy.

Staff trying hard with new systems.

Canadian bar supervisor friendly and lively.

IMO it will score over W'spoons only in the ambiance as it seems child friendly. Whereas W'spoons is not the best for ankle biters.

We won't be going again.

Sounds like a poor mans wetherspoons which is no great advertisement.