Hungry Horse, Broadfield - open

Flanker7

As this thread has developed into a bit of a Hardy Pick v Broadfield comparison. I just thought I would comment on how disappointed I was with the Broadfield when I visited last night.

This is the first time I have been in since it was altered and what was once a lovely live venue with cosy drinking and open fires is now an horrific diner pub. The racket in there is terrible as there are no soft furnishings. with all the kids in, it was like lots of people shouting in a bare walled classroom. I could hardly hear what my companion was saying as the empty reverberation of all the talking and shouting bounced around all the walls. Half the building seems to be given over to a restaurant with a waitress waiting to show you to a table.

The placed was packed too. I don't know why. I won't be going again until they refurb it again into a more pleasant atmosphere.

Quite a predicament you have there. But, no sign of any comparison - allow me.....

The Hardy Pick (HH) is better suited to this kind of customer. Better acoustics and less chance of being sued with the riot proof, sound absorbing, soft furnishings. A bigger premises with more quiet corners, if you can get away from the TV sound system. I would be interested in the criticle slaughtering you would give to them.

However, I jest,

You may prefer The Byron up the road or even better The Union. ;0)

Edited by Flanker7

Quite a predicament you have there. But, no sign of any comparison - allow me.....

The Hardy Pick (HH) is better suited to this kind of customer. Better acoustics and less chance of being sued with the riot proof, sound absorbing, soft furnishings. A bigger premises with more quiet corners, if you can get away from the TV sound system. I would be interested in the criticle slaughtering you would give to them.

However, I jest,

You may prefer The Byron up the road or even better The Union. ;0)

We were in the Union on Saturday night. Now that is a proper pub and one I should visit more often. Excellent Black Sheep (if a little pricey) and an excellent cheese board as a snack to share later on instead of crisps!