Bad people make good people do good things.

I'm normally a hard hearted sod at the best of times but I found the story about Alan Barnes really quite touching. http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-31080227. Just goes to show people can give a toss about their fellow man.

Im hoping some of the money raised will be spent on bats to help re-educate the scum who did it. Not that I suspect the victim would advocate that sort of thing - far from it. But I do.

I'm normally a hard hearted sod at the best of times but I found the story about Alan Barnes really quite touching. http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-31080227. Just goes to show people can give a toss about their fellow man.

Im hoping some of the money raised will be spent on bats to help re-educate the scum who did it. Not that I suspect the victim would advocate that sort of thing - far from it. But I do.

I think it proves that the majority of our community and the country nationwide is populated by good natured and well intentioned people. Top marks to that lass that started it and to everyone who contributed. Now all that's needed is someone having a word in the ears of their local bobby so they can give the offenders a visit!

I should hope not too,otherwise you would need a new thread title:hihi:

I should hope not too,otherwise you would need a new thread title:hihi:

You are of course correct. I don't normally get wound up over things like this - people have been knocking people over the head to steal their stuff since the year dot. This one just made me angry, then happy, then angry again that the poor bloke had to go through it all.

GoFundMe is the site to go to , to make donations . Do not generally like social media campaigns , such as that pathetic ice bucket challenge , but this one has struck a chord and actually made me cry . What has taken Sheffield folks 3 days to respond? Each to their own I suppose .