Man spotted taking photos of children graves park

jbauto

I was filming a scene in Sheffield, maybe 50 yards from some parked cars. As I walked passed them after, a man rolled down his window and asked why I was videoing him. I explained my reasons, I was making
, but he didn't seem too happy.

It is a paranoid society we live in today.

May I congratulate you on this excellent camera work, really very interesting.

Angel1.

He was 5 meters away from my 5 year old and pointed straight at him.. I wouldn't have approached him if it wasn't neccasary...

Been logged with police also

---------- Post added 01-02-2015 at 21:36 ----------

Exactly you would apologise and shoe the person... I would..

Plenty of lovely snow scenes up there without directing them at children I don't care what weather it is!!

I wouldn't apolagise, it's not my nature too, I'd have shown you most likely, I'd hadnt taken any images of your child or if they were in an editorial image out of the focal point but only if you were being reasonable, if your weren't I'd tell you, if you had problem to go call the police, then i'd give him my press card, instruct him to tell you what the law is and take it from there.

If it was me and I as you say directed my camera directly at your child I would have given you an explanation but if there was no malice then no I would not show you my photo file and would have a confrontation.

Just me, this taking photo's business where there may be kids in the way has gone way over the top. Not exactly a hot summers day with legs and arms exposed.

But saying that if there are any photo's I take it is usually of buildings not landscapes or people. It is just the way I am, people jumping to the wrong conclusion and judging me. Red flag to a bull so to speak.

It's reported to the police anyway thought I would make people aware. .. you seriously need to grow up!!!

Also keep an eye out on people using their phones near children. They might not be actually making a phone call but filming them.

Watch out for hidden cameras on their person too, although this is harder to check. Frisk EVERYONE who is within 5, no 10 metres away. Can't be too careful.

How we are supposed to combat dash cams I'm when they're crossing a road Im not sure. Probably just hammer the windscreen of the nearest car.

We must be vigilant.

As a professional photographer I would always ask permission before taking pictures of kids, even at the weddings and events I cover and give the parents a card so they can have a copy of the pictures.

But the type of kit I have people can blatantly see what Im doing.

In a public place no one has the right to see what you have on your camera, even the police without suspician of a crime being committed. They cannot confiscate the camera or ask for items to be deleted without a court order. It would be impossible if it was a film camera to preview the pictures.

There is a great over reaction these days about people with cameras, when a smart phone with a bluetooth lens can be used more subversivey,

The guy probably did take pictures of the kids playing in the snow, which always make great scenes, he handled it badly and probably run off to protect his kit and almost certainly his face.