Average Attendences - Blades and Owls

Wendnesday have more fans- fine thats never been in question to be onest and if the blades have as much sucess they did in the early ninties im sure that these roles will be reversed in 10 or 15 years, to be honest -i couldn't give 2 hoots if hillsborough was full for EVERY game just as long as united get promoted then have a good go at staying up next seaon.

Come on blades!!!

Wendnesday have more fans- fine thats never been in question to be onest and if the blades have as much sucess they did in the early ninties im sure that these roles will be reversed in 10 or 15 years, to be honest -i couldn't give 2 hoots if hillsborough was full for EVERY game just as long as united get promoted then have a good go at staying up next seaon.

Come on blades!!!

Exactly:thumbsup:

And one final point, If United get promoted, what average do you think you will have next season when your board are going to be charging £30 per game to sit on the kop and £35 for the South Stand? Last time in top flight i think you averaged around 22000.

Pricing for next season has already been announced. The price of matchday ticket in South Stand will be £25 or £26 depending on who the opposition are. Similar pricing for JSS. Kop will be £21 or £23 depending on opposition with extra discount for members.

Attendences are fairly trivial. I just wanted to point out the gap isn't as big as many Wednesday fans like to think.

If we have such an inferiority complex, again as some Wednesday fans like to think, then we wouldn't support the Blades.

The only argument Wednesday have had against us for years and years now is "we get a bigger crowd than you" and "we won a trophy 13 years ago". Your former (and I stress former) glories mean very little now. Just look at Nottingham Forest, what good are the European Cup victories now they are in the old 3rd division?

How long has it been since you could honestly, truly argue for having a better team than us?

I find all this "we're better than you" / "no we're better than you" is a bit childish, but understandable.

The way I see it, for a lot of years my team (Owls ) were the better of the two (based on league positions and results), then there was a period when the blades were better, then it was us in the early 90s, then the blades again up to the present. I'm safe in the knowledge that the Owls' turn will come again. As a Wednesdayite I long for the time when my team are top dogs once more. Now here's the controversial bit, I don't hate United, I have too many friends who are blades fans, and if I truly hated the team I would have to hate all those who support that team.

Now Leeds I hate, so what happens when they play each other? I suppose I have to hope that both teams get 6 players each sent off and the F.A. give both sides no points.

And no matter what, wherever I am and whichever division Wednesday are in I'll still support them. I'm sure the Blades fans feel the same about their team, and don't let anyone EVER suggest that they merge.

Time for a lie down and my medication

I find all this "we're better than you" / "no we're better than you" is a bit childish, but understandable.

The way I see it, for a lot of years my team (Owls ) were the better of the two (based on league positions and results), then there was a period when the blades were better, then it was us in the early 90s, then the blades again up to the present. I'm safe in the knowledge that the Owls' turn will come again. As a Wednesdayite I long for the time when my team are top dogs once more. Now here's the controversial bit, I don't hate United, I have too many friends who are blades fans, and if I truly hated the team I would have to hate all those who support that team.

Now Leeds I hate, so what happens when they play each other? I suppose I have to hope that both teams get 6 players each sent off and the F.A. give both sides no points.

And no matter what, wherever I am and whichever division Wednesday are in I'll still support them. I'm sure the Blades fans feel the same about their team, and don't let anyone EVER suggest that they merge.

Time for a lie down and my medication

I have to say that I agree with you, I am in the same position except that I'm a Blade with Wednesday mates - and dont anyone EVER suggest they merge because it will NOT happen:rant:

As mentioned, if a Wednesday fan would have started this they would have been shot down straightaway. It seems like the original poster contradicts himself anyway saying it's trival yet making a big song and dance about it by starting a thread.

Both clubs have their hardcore support and the 'glory hunters'. United are on for promotion so of course the fans are going to come out coz these are the people who don't want to spend money on a football match to see a defeat. With the progress United have been making they think they've got more chance of getting their moneys worth (which they mostly have), same as when we went to Cardiff and everyone came out for that. Wait til the first home game in the Premiership next season compared to later in the season if you are doing badly (for example Sunderland's have dropped from 35,000 to 29,500). It's only natural because most football fans are fickle by nature.

But i do think United have a smaller set of hardcore fans than Wednesday do which you only notice during the bad times. We had all these 'Well lets see your attendances when you go down' conversations 3 seasons ago and look what happened, the attendances went UP.

No ones ever going to win an argument about attendance coz they fluctuate that much based on SKY/Cheap Tickets/Christmas/League Position etc. And anyway judging by some of the crowds i've seen at Hillsborough this season i'd say there was a bit of 'tweaking' going on, but that's my personal opinion ;)

As the saying goes "There are three types of lies - lies, damn lies, and statistics."

Archived