Thornbridge Jaipur X - 10% IPA

taxman

Its launched on Thursday, The Cross Scythes will have a keg for launch BUT due to the demand they are only 20 litre kegs which is around 35 pints. It should be on from opening at 12pm. They should get a proper full keg on following deliveries when it's brewed again!

The power of advertising. They've probably sold most of their run in advance sales.

Also not sure how many bottles the Cross Scythes will be getting, if any. Just know its only the one small keg. The vikings and online shoppers might have stolen all the bottles! Do wonder why its only in keg and bottled, maybe its to entice the Jaipur lovers who are disgusted with the idea of Jaipur on keg to try keg beers.

---------- Post added 03-02-2015 at 23:45 ----------

Scrap my comment above... Just seen on Facebook its on from 5pm on Thursday not opening!!

I avoid any beer over about 4.5%.

For one, you cannot have a few without some bad after effects and secondly, I only see this as a marketing exercise / dick-show from the brewery rather than being a quality beer.

you cant go wrong with Bradfield's 4% offerings at £2/pint

I avoid any beer over about 4.5%.

For one, you cannot have a few without some bad after effects and secondly, I only see this as a marketing exercise / dick-show from the brewery rather than being a quality beer.

you cant go wrong with Bradfield's 4% offerings at £2/pint

10% beers aren't about 'having a few'. They're about having one, and savouring it. With obvious exceptions like 'Spesh', most brewers making a strong beer do so to achieve depths of flavour not possible in a normal-strength beer. It's 2015, beer ain't just for swigging these days!

Dare I say, Thornbridge have more of an eye for 'quality beer' than Bradfield!

10% beers aren't about 'having a few'. They're about having one, and savouring it. With obvious exceptions like 'Spesh', most brewers making a strong beer do so to achieve depths of flavour not possible in a normal-strength beer. It's 2015, beer ain't just for swigging these days!

Dare I say, Thornbridge have more of an eye for 'quality beer' than Bradfield!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Plus, in light of this news article:

https://in.lifestyle.yahoo.com/beer-ingredient-could-help-fight-alzheimers-parkinsons-diseases-052920822.html

we should all drink better quality beer. With the amount of hops SCA uses, his brain will still be active after the rest of him isn't!