Red hair and fiery temper?

Red or ginger hair has long been associated with people who have fiery tempers, famous examples include Henry VIII, Boudica (supposedly) and Elizabeth I. My own grandad had blondish-red hair and did show a temper on occasion.

But is it pure myth, stereotype and coincidence? Or is there a definite link?

My family on my Mom's side are all gingers the lot of them are all nutters and will fight at the drop of a hat every family do we have they are guaranteed to have a punch up,my Grandad god bless him was a right handful when he had a few beers in him, I was lucky I have the dark hair from my dad's side,my Lad has dark hair like the wife but his beard is ginger when he doesn't have a shave for a few days.I dont think its always the case though as my best mate was ginger he was nothing like that he was a very sensitive easy going guy.

Red or ginger hair has long been associated with people who have fiery tempers, famous examples include Henry VIII, Boudica (supposedly) and Elizabeth I. My own grandad had blondish-red hair and did show a temper on occasion.

But is it pure myth, stereotype and coincidence? Or is there a definite link?

I don't know if it's true or not, but I have always liked the look of ginger hair and black hair on women.