Islamic State burn Jordanian pilot alive

What do you mean by that?

Someone advocated an eye for an eye approach to solving this situation. I pointed out the problems inherent in applying such a solution.

What is conceited or pretentious about my comment?

You know exactly what Penistone999 meant, he suggested wiping out the murderers, he didn't suggest starting a chain reaction that would never end, like the one that many self hating apologists float as a stopper when someone dares to suggest violating a sadistic subhuman murderers "human" rights.

Oh yes and there's another crooked story here... Glad UKIP sussed him before he damaged the party... Look the Tories welcomed him with open arms :hihi:

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/02/02/exclusive-conservatives-fail-to-undertake-1-background-check-on-inspiring-mep/

Call me old fashioned, but this isn't quite as bad as burning someone alive in a metal cage - obviously nearly as bad but just short by a few microns

so what would you do ?

Very difficult question that. It is a very complex situation that can't really be answered on Sheffield Forum.

I would start by engaging with ISIS diplomatically, they are just trying to do what has been done before (creating a nation state for a religious group). The last people to do this was us and our friends from across the channel who created Israel to house the Jews.

I would ask them what would make them stop fighting and if there is anyway that the violence could stop and invite them to the discussion table. I mean, we engage with the US in diplomacy who have killed far more innocent people than ISIS have.

Only the most foolish would champion an eye for an eye in any scenario.

You know exactly what Penistone999 meant, he suggested wiping out the murderers, he didn't suggest starting a chain reaction that would never end, like the one that many self hating apologists float as a stopper when someone dares to suggest violating a sadistic subhuman murderers "human" rights.

No, he advocated an eye for an eye. I pointed out the obvious floor in adopting such tactic.

I did not mention human rights at all.

Very difficult question that. It is a very complex situation that can't really be answered on Sheffield Forum.

I would start by engaging with ISIS diplomatically, they are just trying to do what has been done before (creating a nation state for a religious group). The last people to do this was us and our friends from across the channel who created Israel to house the Jews.

I would ask them what would make them stop fighting and if there is anyway that the violence could stop and invite them to the discussion table. I mean, we engage with the US in diplomacy who have killed far more innocent people than ISIS have.

Only the most foolish would champion an eye for an eye in any scenario.

Surely this will be happening behind the scenes.

---------- Post added 03-02-2015 at 19:13 ----------

No, he advocated an eye for an eye. I pointed out the obvious floor in adopting such tactic.

I did not mention human rights at all.

No you did not charmer, and also my self hating apologist bit was not aimed at you, I always read what you post and would not put you in that category.