A tip for garden decking owners

Last time it snowed I cleared a path on my decking to let the dog down the garden, when the snow thawed the decking where I cleared the path was like new. All the dirt moss algae was gone !! So this recent snowfall I have done all the deck, (yes your neighbours think your bonkers). So, the tip is, as the snow and ice start to thaw, clear the majority with a shovel and then use a stiff yard brush to brush the groves clear of ice and snow, it takes all the C$*p with it. No need for fancy cleaning products in the Spring.

Just thought I would put that out there. My deck looks as new now.

Edited by Bluebottle
added a bit

So is it anything to do with the snow, or just the fact the OP brushed the decking down with a stiff yard brush??

Having tried to brush it when just wet and also when dry, over the years it still looked grimy. No idea if there is any scientific reason like osmosis or similar, :confused: but as you brush the slush, ice and snow off the deck you can see all the slime and muck in the ice. From November to March I would hardly ever venture out there, I found this out purely by accident.

Was thinking about a patent but guess that's pushing it.?:hihi:

As regards posh snow, yes I will be having my butler import it from my ski lodge in Val d'Isère from now on :rolleyes:(if only)

All I know for 15 to 20 mins of effort my deck is ready for some deck oil a sun lounger and me in my mankini :gag:hopefully in a few months.

Give it a go you have nothing to lose but moss and algae and mucky deck.

In the words of, I think, Bugs Bunny ?. "That's all follks"