When does freedom of speech become unacceptable?

I think he's saying that we don't have the right to make false accusations.
I don't know what he's saying. I just went by his posts, but he constantly shifts their meaning with a bit of passive-aggressive style thrown in, to the extent that it's like trying to debate with a donkey or running water :|

I don't know what he's saying. I just went by his posts, but he constantly shifts their meaning with a bit of passive-aggressive style thrown in, to the extent that it's like trying to debate with a donkey or running water :|

Yeah, there's a few at that game.

It quite easy to read and understand what I wrote, all you need to do is go back and have another read.

Quote by me:

"I'm not suggesting anything other that we don't have true freedom of speech."

Quote by you:

"There is no 'true' freedom of speech in the sense you imply, never has been, and likely never will be, for the reasons I provided earlier on."

Notice the similarity and that I actually implied nothing.

Maybe you could point out the bit where I implied differently?

Maybe this is the bit where you went wrong;

Quote: "What are you suggesting?"

You were trying to make out that I have suggested something that was not the case. Maybe you could also point out where I shifted meaning?

Edited by apelike

It quite easy to read and understand what I wrote, all you need to do is go back and have another read.
Challenge accepted - here is the full context:

Apelike: But the problem there is that in this country we do not have the right to free speech.

Halibut: What are you claiming can't be talked about

Apelike: A lot of things as in English law we are not exempt from libel or slander.

L00b: What are you suggesting? That people be free to say and print malicious and damaging falsehoods about other people without consequences? Don't confuse freedom of speech for anarchy.

Apelike: I'm not suggesting anything other that we dont have true freedom of speech which many seem to think we have.

L00b: There is no 'true' freedom of speech in the sense you imply, never has been, and likely never will be, for the reasons I provided earlier on.

Apelike: Because slander and libel is part of the reason why we don't have freedom of speech... Please keep up! I did not imply that we had "true freedom of speech" but just the opposite.

Notice anything in the above?

Do you need further help identifying your goalpost shifting...sorry, inconsistency of argument?

Edited by L00b

Challenge accepted - here is the full context:

Apelike: But the problem there is that in this country we do not have the right to free speech.

Halibut: What are you claiming can't be talked about

Apelike: A lot of things as in English law we are not exempt from libel or slander.

L00b: What are you suggesting? That people be free to say and print malicious and damaging falsehoods about other people without consequences? Don't confuse freedom of speech for anarchy.

Apelike: I'm not suggesting anything other that we dont have true freedom of speech which many seem to think we have.

L00b: There is no 'true' freedom of speech in the sense you imply, never has been, and likely never will be, for the reasons I provided earlier on.

Apelike: Because slander and libel is part of the reason why we don't have freedom of speech... Please keep up! I did not imply that we had "true freedom of speech" but just the opposite.

Notice anything in the above?

Do you need further help identifying your goalpost shifting...sorry, inconsistency of argument?

Yes please make bold the bits and explain what bit in my position shifted or was inconsistent.

Edited by apelike