A 60`s sheffield group called the citizens

dorberman

does anyone remember a sheffield group in the 60`s called the citizens?

Yes, I used to run their equipment round in my van.Members of the group were Graham Boone (singer), Stuart Middleton ( lead guitar), Adie Middleton (rhythm guitar), Ray Hodgson ( bass guitar) Dave Bennet? ( drums). Mike Boone was the manager.

They played mainly pubs & WMCs round the area with the occasional gig.

For me, their highlight was appearing with Tom Jones at Rawmarsh Baths when ' It's not unusual' had just hit number 1. Fans were fainting all over the place unfortunately not because of the Citizens!

Edited by stevew
Addition

Yes, I used to run their equipment round in my van.Members of the group were Graham Boone (singer), Stuart Middleton ( lead guitar), Adie Middleton (rhythm guitar), Ray Hodgson ( bass guitar) Dave Bennet? ( drums). Mike Boone was the manager.

They played mainly pubs & WMCs round the area with the occasional gig.

For me, their highlight was appearing with Tom Jones at Rawmarsh Baths when ' It's not unusual' had just hit number 1. Fans were fainting all over the place unfortunately not because of the Citizens!

A couple of pics of The Citizens. Stuart went on to play with Bitter Suite

I hope this works

http://s219.photobucket.com/user/toniosf/media/Scan.jpeg.html?

http://s219.photobucket.com/user/toniosf/media/Scan2.jpeg.html?o=1

Hi Steve

From a post on Feb 3 "George of Ecclesfield" I Think that he is Raymond's son or nephew.

---------- Post added 06-02-2015 at 13:19 ----------

Hi Steve

From a post on Feb 3 "George of Ecclesfield" I Think that he is Raymond's son or nephew.

Should George Hodgson of Ecclesfield

I have phoned Adrian today andtold him about this. He will tell Stuart.

Hi Nigel, wonder if you remember me.

I did the Xmas post for a couple of years during the sixties when I was at college. We worked from the Reading Rooms. Some of the people I remember were the Grimolbies ( spelling?),Rachel Hardy& Donald Mcintosh (xmas helper).The van I had then was the one I ran the Citizen's equipment round in.

---------- Post added 10-02-2015 at 09:06 ----------

PS...Nigel......give my regards to Adrian ( & Stuart) the next time you speak.Thanks.