Argentina orders new warship from China.

The ship built by the Chinese was said to have been accepted late last year and the vessel will be known as the Malvinas class referring to the Argentine name for the Falkland Islands. China has regularly pledged support to Argentina over its claim to sovereignty of the Falkland Islands, with Argentina acknowledging China's sovereignty over the island of Taiwan in return.

I wonder why they want that?

Source from the Express.

Meh should call it the belgrano 2

Both countries are making bogus claims and i guess thats why they support each other.

I didnt think the argies had any money?

Its their way I expect. There has been reports of the UK sending more troops to the Falklands, but that hasn't been confirmed by the MoD. Either way, the Argentinians wont ever let this drop and IMHO it wouldn't surprise me if they made another move, however the ship wont be ready till 2017 so we will have to wait and see.

Meh should call it the belgrano 2

Both countries are making bogus claims and i guess thats why they support each other.

I didnt think the argies had any money?

They don't, China will be funding it themselves. They already have massive influence in Africa by pumping money into poor countries, why not try it in South America. Just a way of gaining a foothold on the continent.

They don't, China will be funding it themselves. They already have massive influence in Africa by pumping money into poor countries, why not try it in South America. Just a way of gaining a foothold on the continent.

You're spot on. It seems Chinese are looking at future oil pipelines in partnership with Argentina. Also this is the link to the British troop deployment;

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/555469/Hundreds-of-British-troops-are-sent-to-the-Falklands-for-a-security-boost

Argentina just bought some ground attack fighters from Russia as well, apparently they paid for them with beef! They tried to buy some Saab fighters from Brazil, but the fighters had British Aerospace developed technology, so we embargoed the sale.

:hihi::hihi: Its amazing how other countries conduct their affairs!!

The Russian currency has collapsed due to there fall in the oil price, so they're struggling to buy things abroad, whereas Argentina's economy has also collapsed leaving them with very little money to buy things from abroad. So the deal makes sense in those terms.

Argentina just bought some ground attack fighters from Russia as well, apparently they paid for them with beef! They tried to buy some Saab fighters from Brazil, but the fighters had British Aerospace developed technology, so we embargoed the sale.

All this buying and selling....why don't we give Saudi Arabia aircraft, they give us oil, we give them weapons, they agree to become a democratic non-misogynistic state that doesn't behead women for adultery.

It's just that they always forget their side of the deal.

Never mind, I'm sure we'll keep selling them arms,cos they're such a lovely nonjudgmental, secular and non corrupt country

Its their way I expect. There has been reports of the UK sending more troops to the Falklands, but that hasn't been confirmed by the MoD. Either way, the Argentinians wont ever let this drop and IMHO it wouldn't surprise me if they made another move, however the ship wont be ready till 2017 so we will have to wait and see.

Hope it's got plenty of lifeboats.