Should we fine people who don't put their blue bins away? dangerous

Maybe then he needs to put the context to his post, and he will get appropriate replies.

Is he not able to speak for himself, or are you his PR man?

So in your world if I am to stand up for marginalised groups I must be some sort of PR man? Is it inconceivable that I may just stick up for the disabled?

Do you only help or defend the vulnerable if you are getting paid for it? What a sad life you must live.

Remember, disabled people are just people with wheels, no more, no less.

So in your world if I am to stand up for marginalised groups I must be some sort of PR man? Is it inconceivable that I may just stick up for the disabled?

Do you only help or defend the vulnerable if you are getting paid for it? What a sad life you must live.

Bit of a generalisation regarding disabled people there! I have no wheels 'apart from the ones on my car.'

you honestly saying BFR can't stick up for himself and needs help? Get real man. Even if he is disabled, he don't need help typing.

I might have a sad life to some, but I certainly wouldn't patronise someone and "help" them when they clearly don't need it. What next? A visit to his house to spoon feed him, so you can be seen to do your bit for the disabled?

edit - that's if he is disabled, after all, you seem to have presented the idea as something on which to hang an argument

Edited by hyper
additional

Has it ever occurred to you that Rich may be a disabled?

Just because your sight and spatial awareness is fine, it doesn't mean other peoples are. Please remember societies most vulnerable instead of the "I'm all right Jack" attitude you have displayed here.

Remember, disabled people are just people with wheels, no more, no less

Wow, words just don't cover exactly how ignorant you sound, is there an 'Amazed' avatar?

So has something ever occurred to me, then you make the same assumption about my sight and spatial awareness.

pot Kettle :lol:

---------- Post added 06-02-2015 at 17:07 ----------

To get back slightly on topic, I rang Veoioeioeioeieola today as they hadn't emptied my bin on Tuesday and thought i'd give them a gentle nudge.

Apparently they have 'reserve' crews on who don't usually do the bins, and basically, don't know their harris from their elbow.

Edited by beansforyou

Gotta agree with that. Not long ago they left our blue bins right in the middle of the entrance to our drive. Had to pull in, get out of my car and move them before I could back into my drive.

Indeed, that happened to a friend of mine in Bradford.

Whilst he was moving the bin, the little scrotes had it away with his car. :mad:

And what if, as happened this week, we put the bins out and no one comes to empty them ? They get left out in case they're emptied the day after. Do we fine Veola ? As people seem obsessed with "fining" best thing would be to fine everybody just in case.

Us too. Our bin and box have been out since Tuesday which is our normal collection day. The advice from Veolia is to leave them out until the service catches up.

Has it ever occurred to you that Rich may be a disabled?

Just because your sight and spatial awareness is fine, it doesn't mean other peoples are. Please remember societies most vulnerable instead of the "I'm all right Jack" attitude you have displayed here.

We have a winner! Ah, there, there, there. Lets have a workshop and talk about it!

And it's because of this very attitude that this country is going down the crapper! Get a grip and sort your lives out.

Why don't people put their bins back after having them emptied? It seems worse on windy days expecially on blue bin day.

You get bins all over the road and they also cause a tripping hazard on pavements, I almost did a cartwheel and ended up flat on my face last week after tripping over a blue bin box.

MAYBE fining the residents could be a solution, nothing major, just a small fine of £200

People might be at work so maybe we could get all the unemployed people to put people's bins back or lose their benefits?