Should we fine people who don't put their blue bins away? dangerous

BIGFAT RICH says he tripped over it , that would mean he was walking wouldnt it?

No not really. It could be a figure of speech. I have spent some time with people on wheels as two families friends had wheel chairs when I was younger. They would use the same phrases as walkers in some circumstances. Like, "I am just going for a walk", no one would correct them because it is mean.

Put it this way, if Rich was sat in front of you on wheels and said "Oh I just almost tripped over x", would you say "tripped?? Don't be pretending you are like us walkers, use your own cripple vocabulary! You almostbumped into it didn't you". Disabled people can use the same terminology we do without being judged by you.

By the way I am not saying he is a disabled, just that he might be. He brings up some good points, some people are disabled and in this instance would have to wheel themselves onto the road. Whilst doing this they may get hit by a car which could make them even more disabled.

No not really. It could be a figure of speech. I have spent some time with people on wheels as two families friends had wheel chairs when I was younger. They would use the same phrases as walkers in some circumstances. Like, "I am just going for a walk", no one would correct them because it is mean.

Put it this way, if Rich was sat in front of you on wheels and said "Oh I just almost tripped over x", would you say "tripped?? Don't be pretending you are like us walkers, use your own cripple vocabulary! You almostbumped into it didn't you". Disabled people can use the same terminology we do without being judged by you.

By the way I am not saying he is a disabled, just that he might be. He brings up some good points, some people are disabled and in this instance would have to wheel themselves onto the road. Whilst doing this they may get hit by a car which could make them even more disabled.

So these people can't see big blue boxes and now they can't even see cars which are even bigger?!!! Just to be safe, if I couldn't see a car coming I would stay in my padded room and never leave the house.

So these people can't see big blue boxes and now they can't even see cars which are even bigger?!!! Just to be safe, if I couldn't see a car coming I would stay in my padded room and never leave the house.

You are saying that it is ok to block the pavement so people on wheelchairs have to get on the road because they should be able to see cars coming? Wow!

You are saying that it is ok to block the pavement so people on wheelchairs have to get on the road because they should be able to see cars coming? Wow!

I didn't realise that being wheelchair bound automatically rendered you blind, deaf and of poor judgement too.

I didn't realise that being wheelchair bound automatically rendered you blind, deaf and of poor judgement too.

It doesn't, it does make you more vulnerable though. You are less mobile, so therefore less able to move out of the way of danger. You are also closer to the ground than most walkers so drivers won't see you as easily and you won't see them as easily.

People like you find it very easy to assume disabled people should grin and bare it.

It doesn't, it does make you more vulnerable though. You are less mobile, so therefore less able to move out of the way of danger. You are also closer to the ground than most walkers so drivers won't see you as easily and you won't see them as easily.

People like you find it very easy to assume disabled people should grin and bare it.

Do I? You could make a fortune with a talent like that.

Edited by Ms Macbeth
fixed quote tags

How can you miss a blue box?

How do you expect people who are out to get the bin away?

Maybe if you worked you probably get a better understanding of why bins are left out so long. I out out to work in the morning and some days I don't know when il be home, I.e it could be towards midnight. How would I be able to put the bin away before.

What a pointless thread this is

I've never put my blue bin out, but suffered one neighbour's bin outside my house from Tuesday until the weekend for months. Passing people would kick it directly in front of my door, thinking it belonged to me. Last year on a Friday night I picked it up and put it inside my green bin, problem solved!