Blunkett - Sell house to pay for your elderly care

Read the above post, it's their choice, nothing to do with you.

So everyone who benefits from their parents will is a ' money grabbing beneficiary ' in your world are they?

I resorted to insult because you asked for it, with your presumptuous post ' what right do they have to inherit ' ' Let them earn the money '.

The right of the people who's money it was and their right to decide who receives it when they die, that right.

And who say's - other than you of course - that 'they' haven't earned their own money?

Some people appear to have difficulty grasping the concept that when someone works hard, pays their dues and has bought assets those assets - having been acquired legitimately - are theirs to dispose of as they wish.

Envy tends to rear its ugly head, 'you started off the same as me, but worked harder and smarter than me so you must have it taken away from you whilst I must get a free ride '.

It's not envy it practicalities. If you want everyone to have a decent level of care in these places it has to be paid for somewhere down the line. If it's all down to tax payer and no self funders at all there's going to be some gargantuan tax increases - and it's going to be those at the bottom of the pile who are going to bear the brunt of it - let's face it, it normally is.

remind us what is the carer allowance that some one gets for looking after an elderly relative

Don't you know?

---------- Post added 11-02-2015 at 18:49 ----------

So dole queue warriors, dossers and scroungers who've contributed zilch should be entitled to the same as those who've been sensible hard working and thrifty.

Hmmm strange thinking

That's what you're suggesting.

It's not envy it practicalities. If you want everyone to have a decent level of care in these places it has to be paid for somewhere down the line. If it's all down to tax payer and no self funders at all there's going to be some gargantuan tax increases - and it's going to be those at the bottom of the pile who are going to bear the brunt of it - let's face it, it normally is.

So what happened to the contributions these people paid throughout their working lives I'm sure they never wanted them to go on overseas aid and false asylum seekers.

Remember the promise? Let me remind CRADLE TO GRAVE even scroungers, illegal immigrants and false asylum seekers/refugees.

---------- Post added 11-02-2015 at 18:56 ----------

Don't you know?
No I'm asking you. so no skirting the issue pleas me.

Practicalities?

So you see no unfairness in penalizing a section of society for doing nothing wrong - and trying to do what they believed to be the right thing for their families - whilst allowing another section who didn't give a thought to the future and spent it as they got it to get a free ride from the taxpayer?

Did the home owner pay their way?

If they did, why should they receive unequal treatment?

So how do the people who have nothing and receive this' service that comes at a cost ' for free justify occupying a room and ' having their backsides wiped'?

The home owner has paid tax throughout their lives, they have employed people to service their homes and have contributed the same, if not more, to the economy.

But now they are being asked to contribute more over and above the person in the next room.

Care to justify that?

Leaving out pure envy and malicious schadenfreude if you can.

Okay so i won't mention the envy of people who have saved and have money and yet begrudge the others the things they will get for free(but limited) and are jealous of them. Why else would you mention it?

Everyone is entitled to basic medical needs if you want more and have the means to pay why shouldn't you?

Are you envious of the unemployed their benefit money.

Practicalities?

So you see no unfairness in penalizing a section of society for doing nothing wrong - and trying to do what they believed to be the right thing for their families - whilst allowing another section who didn't give a thought to the future and spent it as they got it to get a free ride from the taxpayer?

Come on Tinfoilhat let's hear what words of wisdom you come up with to that, oh and please tell us what relatives get for caring for an elderly relative

---------- Post added 11-02-2015 at 19:02 ----------

Okay so i won't mention the envy of people who have saved and have money and yet begrudge the others the things they will get for free(but limited) and are jealous of them. Why else would you mention it?

Everyone is entitled to basic medical needs if you want more and have the means to pay why shouldn't you?

Are you envious of the unemployed their benefit money.

Cradle To Grave, remember.

So dole queue warriors, dossers and scroungers who've contributed zilch should be entitled to the same as those who've been sensible hard working and thrifty.

Hmmm strange thinking

What makes them a lesser deserving person?

Does a wealthy wife beating home owner deserve more from society, than a single parent?

Does a tax dodging self employed builder deserve more than any one else?

Only in their own minds perhaps.

Practicalities?

Of course there is unfairness in the system. Find me a system that's fair. You'll have the minimum wage care workers doing double shifts to pay for the tax so wealthy people can stay there for free, and to top it off, they might die before they use them at all.

Read this http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/scripts/documents_info.php?documentID=418

There are some very big numbers being thrown around.