Looking for a craft group

purplek

Hi.

I wonder if anyone can help me. I live in Sharrow and am looking for a local (ish) craft group. I've got tonnes and tonnes of craft things at home, and ideas from pintrest but I lack the motivation to do it on my own and was hoping to meet some new people and build my craft skills.

I'm 29 and would be looking for something in the evenings, any day of the week really.

Thanks

Kirsty

I'm looking for a similar thing - I have loads of things at home but can't seem to motivate myself to do it unless I go to a class. Would be good to have something relaxed and social like a group meeting at a cafe and taking their own projects or something similar but I couldn't find anything either.

Sew in the City do some evening and weekend classes - I haven't been to one yet but they look really good, might be good if you fancy some sewing? Running with Scissors do loads of different workshops and are very good, I've been to a few.

I have always found such 'freestyle' meetings a waste of time. How do you know what to take? I have gone to specific classes where I have known what we are going to do or have requested the project I want to learn. Now I am more experienced I use Pinterest.

I have just been thinking about your post again. Do you lack motivation or inspiration? If its motivation then I don't think you are doing a craft you enjoy. I can understand if its inspiration you are lacking. There is no shame in copying a design as long as you give the designer credit and don't infringe any copyright or angel policy. I know some card makers that only copy, they never design their own cards. I rarely copy but as I said, I do get inspiration from Pinterest.

Edited by Chez2

I wonder if a cafe like Eten in the city centre would host a group of us in a cosy corner? I might ask next time I go in, they have lots of little alcoves!

That sounds like a great idea. Eten is a really nice cafe, I've seen them advertising book clubs there so I assume they'd be happy to host a group of crafters!