Lack of moving on in a relationship

I cannot get away from the posative side of our relationship, its been great, but if it has to end, I will be very sad, but it has been special for me.

Hope it works out well for you, you are obviously extremely fond of her and breakups are never good for the emotions.

Sounds as though you do need a heart to heart though.

Thought of taking her away for a couple of nights?

Change of scenery and a chance to chat without the usual distractions.

Thought of taking her away for a couple of nights?

Change of scenery and a chance to chat without the usual distractions.

She has too many personal issues and commitments to get away, at least that is what she tells me :)

I have a daughter and a dog myself, lots of things holding us both back, although its mostly her.

She has too many personal issues and commitments to get away, at least that is what she tells me :)

I have a daughter and a dog myself, lots of things holding us both back, although its mostly her.

Maybe she deserve better and needs to get out and live a little.

El Cid, from what you've told us things are not looking good. If the relationship is lacking closeness and intimacy now, what's it going to be like in say 10/20 years time ? Maybe you could stay friends with her but find someone else to settle down with ?

I have not had a relationship for over 5 years, so another few weeks to see if this one is going somewhere may be worth it. We both have opposite sex children of a similar age, so there are things that make us suitable for each other. The right one is worth waiting for, I am 50/50 quite often, but posative at other times.