HELP!! Dog continuously barking when owners go out!

I suggested that but apparently if it has food and water and in generally good health they won't do anything

ANIMAL WELFARE ACT:

need for a suitable environment

need for a suitable diet

need to be able to exhibit normal behaviour patterns

need to be housed with, or apart, from other animals

need to be protected from pain, suffering, injury and disease.

So as the animal is barking non stop and being left for long periods of time it could be that the animals os not able to exhibit normal behaviour patterns. It would be worth them contacting the rspca and discussing this. I have had the rspca under this point before as the animal is 'stressed' and showing it by barking which is causing abnormal behaviour.

Yes as always the poor old dog suffers because of inefficient owners....however there is a law which the council should be well aware of and that is they can impose a `noisy dog order` upon the owners. But don't blame the dog, they are only as good as the owners make them !!

---------- Post added 15-02-2015 at 09:44 ----------

even the police can take action with a noisy dog order too !! but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

A mate of mine had the same problem with a dog barking all day while the owners next door were out, so he went around to speak to them and come to a good arrangement, he now goes around at lunch time with a key they entrusted to him and takes the dog for a really long walk, it suits him and the dog, they both get back knackered, hence no more barking dog and it's keeping my mate fit, jobs a gooden!:thumbsup:

As the post says my neighbours dog continually barks from them going out of the gate to coming back into the house! My neighbour went out from 11.30 and returned at 20.45 and it was constant. 10 hours plus! I have mentioned this and they have said " what can I do" can anyone advise it's driving me &£?!"'g mad! :rant::rant::rant:

The RSPCA will do NOTHING, I can confirm from personal experience. They spend all their money on expensive prosecutions of foxhunters, and have nothing left for this sort of problem.

Environmental Health re noise nuisance is where to go with this one. It's not quick, alas - they will ask you to keep a diary, etc - and if you are persistent enough, you can usually get them to fit noise monitoring device in your home to measure the nuisance level. You have to be persistent - they tend to do not much, in the hope you will get fed up and go away.

However, the continuous level of the noise is well in your favour - easy to measure, in that they will want to send out an officer to hear it for himself before committing to measuring devices etc.

We had a neighbour who would create REALLY loud banging noises - such that you could not hear each other talk in the room - but only for 5 mins at a time, cunningly, because that meant that, by the time the EH guy came out, he had stopped, so we could not prove anything.

I had exactly the same yesterday from about 12.40 in the afternoon until about 8pm. I reported him late last year to 101 and they sent a letter and it stopped until yesterday.

I went round to his house and he wasnt in. How can you leave a dog all day outside. Then he will ring Environmental when he gets his letter and tell them a pack of lies.

Well why would I report a desturbance if it wasnt happening.

Think theres something wrong with him to be honest as he must have thought that it was now ok to let the dog bark again for long periods of time. Well its not ok and I have contacted Environmental again so hopefully he will be getting another letter.

What is wrong with people. Just dont get how you can behave like that and think that its alright. No it isnt.

My dog was the same - she was put on anxiety medication and we got an older dog - she's ok now - the dog will have separation anxiety - talk to your neighbours , mine were very good but it drove them mad ( she had a kennel outside too and that fixed her barking - but we liked the idea of having another dog lol )

I thought about reporting his actions to the Environmental Health on Monday. I know I should report to 101 but what would be the consequences if I did he was nasty with the letter for the Environmental Health.

Reporting his responses / actions to 101 will support your case. Log them in your original file and also keep a separate one for them give a copy to the community support officer ( who may be the first to visit ) or the police. 101 will give you a reference number. Report _every_ incident or persistent noise to 101. This at the very least will cause a spike in the immediate vicinity's crime figures which will trigger action eventually.

I speak from experience of a different type of situation which involved abuse after my reports but constant reports and logging worked. As an earlier poster noted there may only be a temporary lull after action is taken, if so start reporting again. The culprits have no consideration for you and other neighbours and deserve none from you.